PDA

View Full Version : La Virgen

ScottF
09-10-2010, 07:10 AM
Here´s another from the series of santos. Hope you like it! (If it´s a bit too much of the same, blame Al--he said he´d like to see some more. :cool:)

pat1940
09-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Scott, always love your beautiful work, love how you did the little wrinkles in the long rug on the floor, all so wonderful;););)

Jasminek
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Wow, what a statue, and the cloth looks so realistic, love it.:D

AT-TA
09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
I like the background and the floor, here, Scott, interesting statue of a Virgin.

Lima
09-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Scott, parece que usted es un coleccionista de arte religioso de América del Sur. Voy a esperar un poco más a sus otras publicaciones sobre este tema y le informará sobre el santo de madera ahuecada, si no ya saben la historia. Bella imagen.:)

justjean
09-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Scott you have acheived beautiful shading and texture in this lovely painting

screenpainter
09-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Fascinating detail... especially in that mat. wow. very cool statue.

Mairzie Dotes
09-10-2010, 07:00 PM
ScottF,
It is always nice to be made aware of other beliefs, icons and the
symbolisms that they represent ... educational and enlightening.
"La Virgen" is quite an added collection treasure and artful gem. :)

P.S.
You must spent at least one day a week dusting all of them. :eek: ;) :D

Caesar
09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Dear Scott, I like it too and find quite interesting both the stunning style You developped to paint these statues (light and delicate color strokes area incredibly able to evoke the most realistic image in the observer) and the local interpretation of catholic iconography.
The composition is similar to the ones we have here on the Madonna (the Holy Virgin Mary) statues standing on the world globe. Nonetheless there's a detail missing. Here she crushes underfoot a snake representing the devil appearance when Adam and Eve committed the original sin and consistently with the Bible when God promised a fight between Eve's descendants and the snake where, at a certain moment of time, the Virgin would have crushed him while he was attempting her heel.
The composition is also often completed by some little angels groups (here a stylized one is painted on the globe) and a crown of 12 stars on her head which come instead from the Apocalypse vision.

coops
09-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Wonderful painting Scott:)

Alexandra
09-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Beautiful Scott!

alkratzer
09-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Another winner Scott -- thanks for indulging my wish for more of this great series! Al

barnburner
09-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Magnificently done!:)

ScottF
09-11-2010, 09:36 AM
Pat1940, Jasminek, AT-TA, orianelima, justjean, GZ, Mairzie, Caesar, coops, Alexandra, Al, and barnburner, I very much appreciate your taking the time to look and comment.

Orianelima: sí, yo conozco la historia de las trampas de las estatuas ahuecadas. Aparentemente funcionó bien, no? :cool: