PDA

View Full Version : Old chap (in three parts)

Jono
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi all, just letting things doodle out over the ArtRage canvas without too much thought. If anything, aiming for a grungy, quirky style that doesnít look too digital.

Anyway, for no apparent reason, I did the picture in three parts. The third bit (the feet!) is not quite finished yet - the paint is still wet! :D Iíll post it here soon.

All the best, Jono

(Info: ink, watercolour, imported paper texture, layer blend modes. The building behind his head is a 500 point Webding character)

screenpainter
09-09-2010, 07:01 PM
some very interesting effects you have made in several areas... looking like watercolor and sometimes collage and sometimes felt pen. lots of stuff to look at. cool.

Jono
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks gzairborne.

Iím still experimenting with what I can do in ArtRage, and Iím not very disciplined at sticking to just one thing - hence the mixed media look of it :D

BTW I've just taken a quick look at your gallery - wow! :eek: You're the ArtRage master of styles and techniques. Beautiful work, especially the portraiture :D

Alexandra
09-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I like him Jono. I like the texture and detail of the cloth and watercolor glazed treatment, and the colors. Great work.:)

LedZepLady
09-09-2010, 11:12 PM
neat work Jono, love the different techniques youve used, makes for a very interesting piece, im having fun dissecting it in my brain!!!

eighty+
09-10-2010, 12:45 AM
hi Juno don't no anything about Techniques but like the detail on the trouser's very realitic has he been wading in the Sea :D

Jasminek
09-10-2010, 12:54 AM
What a fun way to have fun and get a good painting! Well done.:D

pat1940
09-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Jono, great work, and do like the textures;)

Jono
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks Jasminek, pat1940, and Sandy, for your comments - it means a lot.

LedZepLady - I hope the dissection went Ok! Because I tend to do things fairly randomly, sometimes even I'm only left with a rough idea how I did them :o

eighty+ - "wading in the sea" that gave me a real belly laugh. Thanks, just what the doctor ordered :D:D:D

I rarely print things nowadays, but have just printed this one off on glossy paper to put on the fridge. I boosted the saturation quite a bit to bring out the browns and his ArtRage green tie! Very nice :)

AT-TA
09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Interesting work,full of character.

Lima
09-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Cool work Jono.

Jono
09-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Thanks AT-TA, and orianelima.

A bit of delay getting the old chaps legs and feet finished. I know this is a bit off topic, seeing as this is the gallery, but below is a screen shot of work in progress. You might notice I'm trying to be more methodical naming layers with this part so I can retrace my steps. :rolleyes:

Also, I'm using the previous section of the paining as a reference to align the part below and am using my favourite color pallet - 'old boot'. :D

All the best, Jono

Jono
12-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Not really finished, but at least the old chap can stand up after all these months! :o