PDA

View Full Version : The Egg

netresolve
09-07-2010, 10:14 AM
So mom says I should upload this egg thing for feedback. I thinks she's right. My somewhat abstract "egg" is really a play with colours (I like the bright orange) and a bit of texture. Not sure what it is but for me it reminded me of my friends bright orange living room. For some strange reason his decorative taste was quite relaxing. I didn't expect that from the colour orange.

Feedback, thoughts welcome of course.

Cheers
Tim

Alexandra
09-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Tim,
Orange is one of my favorite colors, and this is a really cool painting. I love the way you have blended your colors.
Orange to me is both warm and bright, I love to use it with cobalt blue for interesting effect.
Welcome to AR.:)

Juz
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I love orange... it always makes such a great statement.
This piece would look wonderful huge on a wall.... perhaps your friend should commission a large one :):)

screenpainter
09-07-2010, 01:30 PM
look forward to see you play with color. I like very much blue woman in progress.
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=12676&catid=member&imageuser=11890

Mairzie Dotes
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
netresolve,
The simplicity of this abstract is quite captivating. My immediate
conclusion was ... it is an impression of an egg ... not just any egg
but the egg. The egg can represent a spiritual message of birth, life
and renewal. The purity of warm colors and form in "The Egg" seems
symbolic of all that we hold dear, love of life. This is a most wonderful
abstract and the artistry inspires the mind to explore. Well painted! :)

MJSparks
09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Lovely mix of shades in orange. I felt some what maternal looking. I think a previous poster said something similar. Very thought inducing piece. Could certainly envision it being in an office or home somewhere, large and beautiful, like another poster said. :)

netresolve
09-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Thank you very much everyone for the supportive comments. I look forward to exploring this wonderful site and learning more.

pat1940
09-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Tim, this egg is very well painted, the blending is wonderful, looking forward to seeing more of your artwork, very well done and welcome to AR;););):):):)

Mike Severoff
09-08-2010, 02:54 AM
Where is my frying pan? I'm hungry
:D
ps. thanx

Lima
09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Abstracting the orange red and the green background, the egg really looks like an egg. In all, the whole is full of bossa and art. Wonderful.

Jasminek
09-08-2010, 12:01 PM
The egg looks delicious, especially on the orange background.:)