PDA

View Full Version : Traditional painting.

Lima
08-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I learned to draw with my late father as a teenager. At that time I also began to deal with the colors and paint. When I entered the university in another field of knowledge, the art of painting was as if frozen in my intentions. Now, many years later, semi-retired, I see, with much enthusiasm the opportunity to paint again.

This landscape is a mountainous village in central Brazil, a place we called an end of line.

Oil painting, WN Winton colors, 15.7 x 11.8 in, toned canvas using raw sienna and yellow ocher. Photos taken with a digital camera, daylight ambient, 200ASA and f8.0.

The opportunity to study the colors and mixtures and blending of colors in ArtRage led me back to that time. I hope you all like it.

Lima
08-30-2010, 10:06 AM
...............and.........................some details. Thank you.

Jasminek
08-30-2010, 10:58 AM
First word comes in mind dear Oriane, that is "fantastic".:)

My experience is similar to yours, loved painting a bit when little, went to school in science and linguistics, ended up retired as a Computer Config. Manager (Computer Scientist) but painting has always in the back of my mind. It;) haunts me that once every few years in the past, I had to paint.

You and I are lucky that we have this apportunity to paint!:) Very well done on this painting, we always can learn things from everywhere.:D

mikecur
08-30-2010, 11:33 AM
This is just BEAUTIFUL!

SCP
08-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Awesome!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Great work oriane.:):):)

alkratzer
08-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Just beautiful Oriane! I love the detail shots showing the brush work and paint mixing. Glorious! Al

L Skylar Brown
08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Just wonderful, Oriane! I'm always seeing where someone who paints traditionally, and switches to digital is concerned about that transition. As if you don't bring that same skill set to this medium. It has been incredibly beneficial to me to take what I've learned from digital, and applied to traditional. And, quite obviously, this works for you and your art, too.

Mairzie Dotes
08-30-2010, 01:44 PM
orianelima,
Hadn't thought of taking a vacation today but when seeing "Traditional"
I immediately became blissfully lost in this place, leisurely taking a stroll
through this lovely location, even stopping to rest at the fence for
awhile and enjoy the afternoon, the sunshine and beautiful view. You
overwhelm me with your artistry, love of the simple things and presenting
them in terms of painted treasures to be embraced and enjoyed.
Absolutely and positively breathtaking! :) :) :)

damasocl
08-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Tu historia acerca del arte pictórico y tu padre es muy similar a mi historia personal..
Recién cuando descubrí las posibilidades de la computación y encontré casi de casualidad Art Rage en un diario argentino, he vuelto a pintar como lo hice en mi juventud...
Tu óleo es hermoso!

Your story about the art of painting and your father is very similar to my story ..
Just when I discovered the possibilities of the computer and found Art Rage almost by accident in an Argentine newspaper, I've been painted as I did in my youth ...
Your oil is very beautiful!

ARTGEEK
08-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Orianelima, you are truly a master in any medium! This is a beautiful painting! I tip my hat to you sir:) I always look forward to seeing your paintings.Brilliant.

LogicsHere
08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
A beautiful representation of Brazil countryside. You are truly a master.

pat1940
08-31-2010, 02:55 AM
Oriane, these are absolutely so beautiful, I felt like I could walk right thru the canvas and visit this wonderful place, the master of oils you are, thankyou for sharing your talent with us:):):)

mannafig
08-31-2010, 04:31 AM
:eek:WOW:eek: this is absolutely gorgeous you are a very talented artist amazing:):)

MJSparks
08-31-2010, 04:37 AM
You've done a marvelous job with this. This is lovely and peaceful work of art.

AT-TA
08-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Oriane, you had it in the pinky even then... very pretty.

Lima
08-31-2010, 09:33 AM
Mike, SC, Al, ART, Betty, Pat, Manna, Magen,
I really thank all the fantastic comments. Thank you:):):).

Jasmin and Damaso I'll elaborate a bit more about that.

Mairzie, you are right about a place like this. At some point I'll elaborate a bit more about it.

Skylar, you are right. RA is a powerful tool to learn color, to learn to mix colors, but also, and especially for us to get accustomed to see and analyze the colors and their variations of value and chroma.

Tara, thank you dear friend. The color of the paths and red clay roads in Brazil have this same aspect. I'm putting a real photo for comparison of clay colors, as you can see and a pink square. Dependent on the amount of light, the red clay color varies from moment to moment, ranging from reddish orange to red-brown color. At some points, the color is very red or brown.

Thank you all:)

Alexandra
08-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Oh, so beautiful dear Oriane. What a blessing to be in a relationship such as this with your father. He taught you well. Your paintings are wonderful.

AT-TA
08-31-2010, 10:42 AM
What a pretty countrysite, Oriane, thanks for the demostrantion and pictures. But i have to say that i meant something different... i wanted to make the statement, that you were talented, you had it all together artistically even in the young age... forgive me for not beeing able to express myself better...i will try harder in the future:)anyway..beautiful, gentle painting this is.....

coops
09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Dear friend Oriane, this is sheer brilliance. I am speechless. Its wonderful:)

Lima
09-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Alexandra, thank you. Thank you AT and thank you Coops:cool:.

AT ha ha, I guess we both have to recycle our English.:D

Caesar
09-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Marvellous under any aspect, dear Oriane! You're personality and style is recognisable in all Your artpieces, whatever the tool!

byroncallas
07-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Lima, these are wonderful- terrific to stumble upon them. :):):):)