PDA

View Full Version : First Digital Water Colour - Gone Fishing

Jasminek
07-19-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi,

Here is my very 1st water colour painting. I do have very difficult time with it. I still have 2 more that are still in the making. Funny how the knowledge that I have doing water colour on the papers don't seem to help much.:confused:

My friends, please feel free to give me comments, critiques, advice, etc.:)

Thanks.

pat1940
07-19-2010, 03:29 AM
Jasmine, I think this is beautiful, love the character in it:):):D

barnburner
07-19-2010, 04:33 AM
LOL... That's cool...Great painting too!:)

L Skylar Brown
07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Whimsical and funny. I really like it!

marcialsj
07-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm glad you are attempting watercolor -- maybe we can learn together! I think this is a great first attempt. You have the confidence (and courage) to start freehand and that counts for a lot. Lovely colors. Two suggestions; maybe you could start with a toned paper (i.e., do a light pastel fill for the background), and, it might work better to use the eraser when you are correcting a mistake, rather than to try to paint over it. I wish you much future success, this is a great medium to explore. Whatever on earth is that cute little character fishing for?

Caesar
07-20-2010, 06:52 PM
:D You did better than me fishing in watercolors ....;):p

Jasminek
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks to all of you.

Pat1940 - Just had to add a cartoon for I was bored!:D

Barnburner - Thanks for the kind words.

Skylar - Whisical is the right word, I was bored with the green, had to add a cartoon.

Marcials - Really appreciated your advice, I sure have a hard time understanding the digital painting. The character is fishing for....hmm... don't know!!!:D

Caesar - After seeing your works, may be I should learn to fish in watercolor!:D