PDA

View Full Version : Birdie

Caesar
07-17-2010, 09:04 AM
A request of my younger son after he saw this kind of suspended toy in his pediatric doctor waiting room. I took a mental shot of it and reproduced it.
He seems quite satisfied ...:rolleyes::)

AT-TA
07-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Very pretty,colorfull..it must have south american roots...;)

Alexandra
07-17-2010, 01:41 PM
So charming Cesare!

hinket
07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I love those colour combinations, Caesar. :)

Caesar
07-17-2010, 11:12 PM
It's just a little more than a speedy doodle for kids. I spread colors and removed them tho shape the image with the eraser. Some little knife, a lower layer as the background sky and .... that's it, the "tagliatelle" are ready to eat and taste! :p

Thank You, dear Anna, Sandra and Hinket! Anna, as You know South America is also called Latin America. Maybe it can be considered an oversized version of Naples and Southern Italy using, just as we do with Spanish, Portuguese and French, some colourful Latin dialects ....:D
In fact our Cristoforo Colombo, Amerigo Vespucci and Sebastiano Caboto went there as the first tourists ever, after all, at someone's else expenditures ...:p

AT-TA
07-17-2010, 11:34 PM
They must have been as curious as you are, Caesar, must be running in the blood... and i like this kind of people, a bit restless, courages and maybe they liked to draw in wc also...;) anyway, beautiful colorfull birdie it is, it just reminded me of those living in Costa Rican palmtrees on the beaches there...

Jasminek
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Those tropical birds are very delightful. When I was grwoing up, we used to have a very green parrot that never lived in a cage. His wings were clipped but he went everywhere in short flights but always came home for dinner.

Your painting can satisfy any age!:)

coops
07-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Cute, colourful and a delight to see Cesare. Well done:)

pat1940
07-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Caesar, as usual I love your painting, very nice colors

ScottF
07-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Caesar, what a great kid´s "doodle." It does have the vibrant colors of Latin America. As to your explorers, I knew of Colombo (aka Colón and Columbus) and Vespucci. I thought Sebatian Cabot was English. Maybe I´m thinking of the large English actor with a beard. :D

Caesar
07-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Thank You, also for the opportunity to explain, dear Scott!
He was born in Venice and he's a sort of art son, since his father was the famous Giovanni Caboto, born in Gaeta, who made the same work for the Spanish King (like Cristoforo Colombo did too) before going in England. Therefore they are both reported to be die in London. Sebastiano was taken in London at an early age.
Here's some Wikipedia info about the two. I guess Italian language should not be too difficult for You fluently speaking Spanish ...
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastiano_Caboto
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Caboto
I even forgot to cite Giovanni da Verrazzano, to add one more, that in New York should be known well enough.;)
At that time the technical and scientific knowledge for navigation and for nautical charts that was in Italy was the most advanced, for quite a number of reasons such as the mathematics and geometry, new and ancient, we were first to get from the Arabian and where we progressed furtherly, but also the sailing expertise of our four Sea Republics. Venice was only the final and most lasting winner among Amalfi, Pisa, Genoa and Venice itself.
Outside Italy only Barcelona could vaguely (and far behind) compare in the Mediterranean trades and politics ...
These five men: Colombo, Vespucci, Caboto and Verrazzano, were the pioneers taking Spain, England and France far away in the Oceans and in the New World and, in other words, also the actual building a naval-based worldwide British Empire owes much to these guys coming from my old, nice boot-shaped country in the middle of the Mediterranean sea ...:)

Lima
07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Caesar, your painting is marvelous. Colors are vibrating in contact with each other, making this image in a show of colors. Good for your son.:)

Now, with relation to Christopher Columbus and Latin America and South America: The Latin America includes Central America and South America. I do not quite understand the history of the discovery of America "or New World". The Portuguese were the discoverers of Brazil by Pedro Alvarez Cabral.

Little by little, the shadows on old maps have been cleared. In 1492, the Genoese Christopher Columbus, at the service of Spain, crossed the Atlantic. His mission was to make the world go round by heading to the west and reach Asia - since the route that skirted by South Africa was dominated by the Portuguese. Instead, Columbus came across their caravels in the Caribbean islands - at the time, no one spoke in discovery since Columbus himself believed to have reached some islands in East Asia.

And in 1500, Pedro Alvares Cabral met "by chance" with Mount Pascoal, on the coast of Bahia (Brazil) - a mere "diversion" in the middle of a journey whose destination was also the kingdoms official opulent Far East.

The Age of Discovery would continue for over two centuries: the last great explorer of the seas was the Englishman James Cook who discovered Australia in 1771 officially.

There is enough information on the net regarding this subject, for those who want to better understand the subject. There is a site written in Portuguese Forum Lusophia (http://lusophia.portugalis.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=86&PN=1#top) which is simply spectacular. This site is a comprehensive historical review of Colombo (shame it is in Portuguese)

Caesar
07-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Dear Oriane, I didn't want to affirm that America part of America was discovered by Italians. It was a joke to say that Latin America was a sort of big Southern Italy. :D It's a way to say there was some common heritage coming from ancent times. Large Italian immigrations came only in more recent times.

Anyway we all know Portugueses were among the greatest early naval explorer and Vasco de Gama was a myth. Their fundamental exploration and specialty was in fact the possibility of circumnavigating Africa.
Portugal had also the possibility first to finance Colombo idea and to be the first to discover the New World, but they eventually didn't.
Anyway I was just sayng that the mathematical, geographical, chart drawing etc. in Italy were the most advanced up to the XV century at least and were spread all the rest of Europe. Moreover th naval knowledge of at least Pisa, Genoa and Venice were leading ones. An evidence was the victory of Lepanto naval battle against the Otoman Turks (they led), the most powerful empire at that time which later on (50 years later) finally conquered also Bizantium and continued to advance up to Vienna in the following decades ...
However the New World discovery and the Atlantic routes took away from the Mediterranean the central importance with all the consequences, but it's still true that the start of colonial empires in the New World of Spain (first to reach it) and then France and Britain owe a tribute to Cristoforo Colombo, Amerigo Vespucci, the two Caboto and Giovanni da Verrazzano.
There's the Columbus Day, the name of America (Amerigo an Americo were the same name in Italy) and a bridge in New York to rember this. I don't know of some comparable tribute to Giovanni and Sebastiano Caboto, but I'm sure there are some ....

Concerning who realized that cross the Atlantic there was a new continent (not Cristoforo Colombo in 1492 for sure, but not even as late as in the XVI century).
Curiously Amerigo Vespucci and Giovanni Caboto arrived on the same day in different places of ontinental North America, the 24th of June 1497, but Vespucci was the first one to realize he discovered a New World, a continent different from Eastern Indian countries.
Here's another reference that may possibly be similarly found in other languages: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amerigo_Vespucci
Obviously, later on, considering the economical implications, many other discoveries followed and Atlantic crossing expertises grew, a quite harder route than navigating close to the coasts, as usual in other explorations and it's quite clear where all the necessary knowledge (mathematical, geographical, instrumental etc.) started from and where the leading ones. It's not by chance than less than a century later also another quite fampous guy was born in Pisa and worked in such a fertile environment: Galileo Galilei.

barnburner
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Great colors. Well done.:)

Caesar
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Thank You, dear BB!:)

justjean
07-20-2010, 06:15 AM
A wonderful colurful and happy wee bird, and I also like the brush srokes on him :D

kenmo
07-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Love it....

marcialsj
07-20-2010, 08:51 AM
What a perky, young, innocent little bird -- your memory indeed served you well. Beautiul colors.

Mairzie Dotes
07-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Dear Caesar,
"Birdie" is a joy, bright and sunny as a flowering garden from whence he
came and his song would no doubt match his radiant appearance. :)

Caesar
07-20-2010, 07:09 PM
In such a quickies, I tried to have a sort of featherwise direction of the strokes and knife, dear Jean. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Kenmo!

I just try to keep that terrorist, how is it ... mmmhh, ahh, Mr. Al-Zehimer, as far as possible from my mind, dear Marcialsj ... :D Thank You!

I guess so, dear Mair. The problem is that he starts pretty soon singing. Maybe he shaves at dawn ...:D

Evart
07-20-2010, 11:35 PM
It's cute. Looks sort of like a rainbow bird :D if there's such a thing. I like mental shots, although you never know what you'll come up with if your memory fails you LOL :D

Caesar
07-21-2010, 01:25 AM
Would it be good enough for Your T-Shirt shop then, dear Evart?:eek::rolleyes::D
For the moment being, my memory start failing only with the names sometimes and switches a couple of digits of a telephone number each now and then. Fortunately I've far less bugs with images and almost zero ones when it comes at personal features, even the less evident ones and especially with humans of the opposite gender (a fact that makes me hope I'll be able to postpone the worst age degradation effects) ;):p:) Thank You!

eighty+
07-23-2010, 06:19 AM
hey Caesar I was always told that the Vikings were the 1st to go to america only stayed a couple of years couldn't stay as the native ameks were too strong and on equal footing as guns were not around not like later anyway your good at finding out the facts so let me know, also what's this Degradation thing nobody's told me !! is it something I've got to look for as I don't get much time what with the drawing and then there's the forum's when u get stuck into them u can loose hours like a flip of a switch if u know what I mean so there's no time for that Degradation thing OK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D--------------E/S

Caesar
07-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Maybe, but they weren't even aware they discovered America or that Earth was a sphere. Moreover they jumped there from an island to the other. They never crossed the Atlantic where it's wider. In this sense the first humans to discover America were then the native Americans ancestors, getting there from Siberia far before ...;)