PDA

View Full Version : Chiaroscuro stilllife.

waheednasir
11-15-2006, 08:06 AM
hi there...:). sharing a my recent digitaly painted stilllife painting. its done in artrage, using tablet and my own composition. all self-visualised. i do have these objects, but i didnt arrange them as u see here.
ive kept the environment classical, with strong contrasts (as the title says), but ive handled it in a modern way, with strokes that are casual and unblended.
i would rather call it a stilllife in an environment, than a pure still life painting. i went for depicting the mood of the place/that special corner of the room, thats mysteriously lit with objects that come out of the darkness. my other main goal was to have various sort of wonderful surfaces/textures that we see all around us. i love to have their individual feel/look, like, from soft to hard reflective...:).

i loved painting this and i very much hope u all like it...:).

thanks for coming in...cheers all.

maror
11-15-2006, 08:45 AM
grrrrrr.....i'm yellow now....

*puttingthedefibrilatoraway*

wonderful work as always...you sense for great textures and composing are sooo goood...and the holes on the can..amazing...

no crits then..

best wishes...

maror

ps: did you have some more of your guitar tracks.... i'm often hear them when i'm working!

hanzz
11-15-2006, 08:52 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't find any words, I'll just clap my hands.

congratzz.I can't stop looking at this.

Peter Pinckney
11-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Whenever you post a painting I open it with a snse of eagerness and I'm never disappointed....................if I could paint as you can I might even give up music..............FANTASTIC work, congratulations Waheed

Best to you

Peter

AndyRage
11-15-2006, 09:47 AM
It's not just that you paint objects and scenes wonderfully, it's that you also present their flaws, and give them character. The things you paint are real - they're not just representations of real things.

Fantastic stuff, Waheed. Absolutely gorgeous work.

speggie
11-15-2006, 09:53 AM
:shock: as always another fantastic piece waheed ......you never fail to bring great works to the forum matey ............stunning stuff yet again .......love everything ............ :D :D :D

isolationism
11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Beautiful work, waheed. I had just finished reading your Macaw tutorial then stumbled across this piece; you not only exhibit a wide range of painting skill, but a great depth of talent in each also.

Thanks for sharing with the community and showing us what's possible with the product, a bit of time, and some refined painterly skills; your continued artworks are about as good an endorsement as Ambient Design could ask for.

waheednasir
11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
:). thank u so much everyone...it feels nice to see u all droping by and appreciating it so much.

maror...thank u very much for your kind words...:).
i do have about 7 guitar tracks of mine at my website, including those that i shared here as well. u can get the rest of them from there.
www.waheednasir.com just go to the Music section...:).

hanzz...thank u for those claps...:).

sweedie...i appreciate...glad u like it...thanks...:).

peter...so nice of u to write such a beautiful reply. thanks...:). and pls dont stop your music. see, im too enjoying both of these art forms...:). may i know what do u do regarding music?

andy...so good to see u here and read your wonderful lines...thanks a lot for every word of yours.

best wishes everyone.

waheednasir
11-15-2006, 10:08 AM
two of the above written comments came here, while i was typing my previous reply...:).

speggie...i thank u for loving it and appreciate u droping by mate...:).

isolationism...so nice of u to reply with such kind words. that means a lot to me. thanks for going thru my Macaw tutorial as well. u know, its the same treatment, the only difference is "finish". this one has been taken further ahead, given more time and is more finished/refined. but the macaw is a finished piece in its own right and style as well. its just that the style is different, but with similar approach (painterly)...:).

thanks once again.

cheers.

D Akey
11-15-2006, 11:41 AM
The dark is pressing in this picture.

I'm kinda getting a heavyness or sadness. Almost feels like the house of a widow, one who is closing the curtain on worldly things into numbness or letting go.

Interesting. Was that anywhere in your mind when you did this?

Great job, of course. Otherwise I doubt I would be reading into it.

Levent Suberk
11-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Dear waheed, very good painting, but if you call it 'chiaroscuro', sorry, the objects need more light, need a strong contrast. Other than this, painting needs a balance, you proportioned it in diagonal. Furthermore that kettle and fabric on table are photorealistic and also excellent, but flowers and the fabric droop are not in same style but made in loose brush work, compare two fabrics on table. Very good in overall.

Selby
11-15-2006, 01:42 PM
lovely Waheed...like wandering into an aladins cave of treasures...all the different textures are fantastic and im with Maror i love the little dings on the big copper kettle and i want to go eat an apple they look so delicious.I also love how you catch the colours the items are reflecting onto one another..something many artists forget,and all from your mind...amazing

Selby

friendly
11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
as usual, always excellent work.

jacktar51
11-15-2006, 02:09 PM
There is a famous painter..calls himself painter of light....you work is much the same as his.....I am still in Awe,at your artistic skill.,And I personally wouldnt change a thing...as a painting it is perfect....if you want a photograph...buy a camera.!!..Now I cant remember who said that...but it be so true....great works here Nasir,and very well done....Jack.

D Akey
11-15-2006, 02:27 PM
In fairness, it wasn't a comment about photorealism, but more about consistency.

We all love Waheed's work.

Bumble
11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Absolutely Brilliant :D :shock: :D :!: :!: :!:

waheednasir
11-15-2006, 07:44 PM
D Akey, Levent, Selby, friendly, jacktar51 and Bumble...really appreicate...thank u so very much for all your kind comments...:).

D Akey, not exactly, but i always like to have some sorta mood in my works, be it sadness, happiness, etc etc. here i did want a mellow, quite ambience, with lil drama added. thanks for admiring it and for your double visit here...:).

lavent, it has enough contrast and light as per the chiaroscuro style, more light would ruin the thing. more light means, light filled area and for me that wouldnt go with the style, i have to make it logical as well, i just cant put more light suddenly at certain places. i did balance things, if u notice, every color and shape. lastly, nothing is photorealistic, i wont merge two very different styles in one piece. i always go for visible brushwork and this one too is full of that. i like the quote by someone, "if its a painting it must look like a painting, not like a photograph". i thank u for liking it too...:).

jacktar51...thank u...yeah i agree to the quote that uve written. i strongly believe in that myself...:). glad u like it so much.

thank u very much everyone...your comments always matter.

good day...).

Levent Suberk
11-15-2006, 10:00 PM
lavent, it has enough contrast and light as per the chiaroscuro style, more light would ruin the thing. more light means, light filled area and for me that wouldnt go with the style, i have to make it logical as well, i just cant put more light suddenly at certain places. i did balance things, if u notice, every color and shape. lastly, nothing is photorealistic, i wont merge two very different styles in one piece. i always go for visible brushwork and this one too is full of that. i like the quote by someone, "if its a painting it must look like a painting, not like a photograph". i thank u for liking it too...:)

wehaad, if u say so, i dont say any :)

sentinel47
11-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I agree with Selby: great capture of inter-object reflection. Impressive detail on the kettle!

ENCHANTER
11-15-2006, 11:42 PM
amazing amazing!

the depth and colour and strokes are wonderfully done

:D

ENCHANTER
11-15-2006, 11:43 PM
amazing amazing!

the depth and colour and strokes are wonderfully done

:D

Peter Pinckney
11-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi Waheed,

I've been a professional musician/songwriter all my life and my instrument is the guitar...............I'm self taught and I could never give lessons...........I have lots of bad playing habits and no patience...............I went to your site and had a listen.............good playing and we like the same guitarists I think......................if you like to hear what I do here's a link:http://www.isound.com/aubrey_small

I see that you prefer instrumentals so give" La Mousson(The Monsoon)" a try..............and while I play mostly electric there is one on an acoustic that a friend won't sell to me.....it has a wonderfully rich sound ideal for slide blues......that's called "Of a Woman"

Thanks again for sharing your painting with us

Best to you

Peter

waheednasir
11-16-2006, 08:29 AM
thank u so much sentinel47 and enchanter for the appreciation...).
thanks lavent for your 2nd visit...:).

hello there peter...great to know all that...:). wonderful to see that u write songs and play guitar professionaly. for bad habits...ah we all have some, so no issue...:). ill definately get the songs/instrumentals that uve mentioned about and would let u know.

thank u so much for all the info. and thanks for visiting my site and for spending time on getting and listening to my playing. glad u like it.

cheers...:).

kenmo
11-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Wow...!!!!

Lee
11-16-2006, 08:52 AM
wowwie wow wow and urk! my favorite part, the shadow of the dafodills!

waheednasir
11-17-2006, 08:03 PM
kenmo and Lee...many thanks for admiring this...:).
sorry im a bit late in replying...stuck with some work...:).

good day.

heikki
11-18-2006, 07:33 AM
:)

Hei Waheed. Excellent master pixpaint. Fine and accurace.

:)

waheednasir
11-18-2006, 08:13 AM
hey heikki...so good to see u here...thanks for liking it mate...:).

Pat McDonald
07-19-2014, 11:05 PM
This is wonderful ...

Caesar
07-25-2014, 07:46 PM
Dear Waheed, so late I realized I lost this one, which is marvellous, as it is for all Your paintings!
You really gave meaning to the use of this artistic Italian word, chiaroscuro, the reality that seems to occasionally and ephemerally emerge from the darkess where nobody with self awareness, perception and intelligenge exists ...:rolleyes:

Bobbi
07-27-2014, 04:14 AM
Stunning, beautiful. Bravo!

DaltonMoss
04-25-2017, 03:10 PM
I won't bore anyone with a bunch of words, but to say, this is purely inspirational to me. A real pleasure to view. Thank you.