PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid

Alexandra
07-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I had her this morning in the after nine section. I felt that I could make her so much better, so I cropped the painting and worked a bit more on her and I think she looks so much better.
I hope you like her.

Caesar
07-06-2010, 07:55 PM
WOW, dear Sandra! Another quantum leap in Your evolution! Great!
This chast mermaid is not that different from the space huntress, probably You used the same manequin (or model:p). I guess Barnburner will soon shipwreck ...:D

mannafig
07-06-2010, 10:20 PM
She looks lovely dear Sandra:):)

javier
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
They wonder, she seems to be waiting for your Peter Pan. Good job.:):):)

Alexandra
07-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Cesare, thank you, but I am so insecure about drawing bodies-they are so difficult for me-practice practice practice I suppose! I am using my little wooden man and having to imagine the rest. My hand and arms need much work. Anyway, I decided to make a fuller figure on this gal.
It would be sad for poor Mike if he did meet up with her. Her voice is a bit high for human ears.:eek::rolleyes: I suppose he could wear ear plugs.;):D

Thanks so much Amanda-your comment is always appreciated my friend. I was thinking of your lovely paintings and beautiful skins. I hope to have more time in the fall to work on this.

Javier- What a fantastic idea! I would love to draw Peter Pan and with her-it would a different look for one of my favorite old stories. Thanks for your nice comment!

barnburner
07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Sandy - Great work on the improvements on her figure...:D
I absolutely love that hair blowing in the wind!

In all my years of fishing, I caught a great many things, but sadly - never a Mermaid....
Just as well I suppose - she wouldn't have fit in my livewell anyway....:)

Great job my friend.:):)

coops
07-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Wonder what she is thinking about, maybe waiting for that sailor to pass on by. Its a lovely painting Sandra and love the way her hair is blowing on the ocean breeze. Well done:)

AT-TA
07-07-2010, 03:10 AM
She is a beauty Alexandra, and still a teeenager... still growing in her fishskins... so we will see what happens when she gets finished...lovely picture.

justjean
07-07-2010, 04:46 AM
A lovely mermaid , sitting on that rock and just watching for that unsuspecting sailor while those tremendous Waves break in the background

Alexandra
07-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Dear Mike....I am glad that you liked the improvements my friend.:rolleyes::p;):o I don't know...maybe if you bought her a pool she would be happy.:D

Dear Katie, Thanks so much. I really appreciate your kind comment.
You know...she looks so sad to me. Maybe she is missing a sailor.

AT, Thanks so much. I think I will be working on her for a while. Her left arm and hand bothers me a bit. I think she needs Peter Pan or a sailor friend.:) I really think that Javier was on to something...it would be an unusual illustration for them both.

Jean, Thanks so much! I think we all are on the same page with this one, and I will have to add to her soon.:)

Evart
07-07-2010, 09:48 AM
This looks awesome Sandra!

Alexandra
07-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Thanks so much Evelyn!:)

Jasminek
07-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Love the waves in the background.:)

Alexandra
07-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi Jasmine, and thank you for viewing and your nice comment.:)