PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman's stilled life

Caesar
07-02-2010, 10:42 PM
... another quickie from a last tuesday picture.
A watercolor. One layer, no tracing, no color picking ...

barnburner
07-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Very, very well done Caesar.. I like it!:)

AT-TA
07-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Somebody's supper already on the table...beautifully done as usually, Caesar,but i think it needs a prayer before eating. ;):)

javier
07-03-2010, 02:14 AM
Great job with watercolor deat companion,:):) althouhg I think it will just have to eat cats.:D:D

marcialsj
07-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Ooooh, such good work you do, Caesar. Love the little extra touch of "stilled life" in the title, too. It's a colorful fish even in the original photo, nothing like we have around here -- do you know what kind of fish it is?

Caesar
07-03-2010, 08:00 AM
How would You like it cooked then, dear Barnburner? :D Thank you!

Right, dear Anna, but this time, one fish and no bread, it would be quite difficult to multiply ...:D Thank You!

Thank you, dear Javier! I guess it's outside Your experience. It's a river or lake fish ....

Dear Marcialsj, I'm not at all an expert of river or lake fish, so I cannot answer precisely. What they told me that where we went, they usually fish catfish or carps. In other periods trouts too. Maybe it's some weird type of carp ...:confused: I should have asked probably. Anyway it's one of my older boy trophies in this first time he had the opportunity to fish for a couple of hours. Thank You!

JOSEPHINE.EARP
07-03-2010, 09:25 AM
great watercolor and great subject I like it Best wishes Jo x

Jasminek
07-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow, what a fresh looking fish, those eyes say so. Very nice water color.:)

SCP
07-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Fantastic watercolour mate!:):):)

Bumble
07-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Wonderful work, as always Caesar:D:):):)

Evart
07-03-2010, 01:49 PM
My first reaction was, it looks like an awesome fish, a rock, and a half eaten green bell pepper lol Two out of three aint bad. :D Awesome job dear Caesar :)

Caesar
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Thank you, dear Jo, Jasminek, SCP, Suzanne ed Evart (good score)!
Actually I should try sooner or later with amore planned, multi-layred watercolor, but anytime I use them to paint something, I'm driven to a fresh and spontaneous sketch I'm afraid to spoil by overworking, especially in this last period when my pen doesn't worl properly (a new tablet coming anyway next week and I'm going to make myself a gift next Christmas with a best one).