PDA

View Full Version : Tower in the Mist

jacktar51
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah I know, another tower.....I like towers...except high pollution industrial ones,...I started this one this morning decided I didnt really want to it,so I blurred it a bit added a load of mist where I hadnt put anything,and called it finished( Mostly because I want to do something else,but the inspiration just isnt there today,lol)hope you find some little bits of artistic merit in there somewhere,I'm off to look around the web now in search of ideas for a new paint......Thanks for looking ....Jack.

javier
07-03-2010, 02:01 AM
WOW....Impressive. The touch of fog gives a great touch.:):):)

marcialsj
07-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Nice crisp lines right where you need them, Jacktar. And your mist idea really adds to the artistry. The foreground tree at the right bothers me a little, though, maybe it's a little flat and needs more depth?? Just a suggestion, this piece is beautiful just as it is. Excellent work.

Evart
07-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I like it Jack. Reminds me of a dream.

jibes
07-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Love that tower!!!

Mairzie Dotes
07-04-2010, 07:03 PM
jacktar51,
What unsettled ambiance "Tower in the Mist" has, a place where
one would care to avoid after dusk at all cost as the thick haze
slowly begins to engulf even the path to the tower itself. Beware
all travelers ... do not venture here when the sun goes down. :eek:
The uncomfortable setting is beautifully painted ... love everything
about it including the subtle coloring in the mist, lending the
appearance of a discomforting, eerie glow. YIKES and well painted! :)

ARTGEEK
07-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Very Nice!!!

coops
07-06-2010, 12:35 AM
Another great painting Jack and one that lets the viewers imagaintion run away with them. So many things could be happening. Again brilliantly painted:)

ScottF
07-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Jack, good luck in finding some new material for your paintings--but never give up on your towers! Great use of the mist, whether it was to cover up your lack of interest in finishing or not. This turned out quite nicely!

Alexandra
07-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Another wonderful piece Jack!

Lee
07-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Dear Jack, those thick fingers of fog that press on the eyeballs,:eek:, who know what evil lurks?? very scary today,,, good job!!! xox:)