PDA

View Full Version : A sunset from my terrace

Caesar
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I gave a new try with pastels too.
I used a reference I'd attach (no tracing or color picking though) and proceeded with a quick, one layer only painting on a subject which is substantially easy enough to practise.
Nothing special, but I guess an enjoyable and peaceful view anyway ...

Panaslonix
07-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Hello, Caesar!
It's so beautiful, perfect painting!!! :eek:

barnburner
07-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Beautifully done Caesar..:):)

AT-TA
07-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Beautiful and dramatic...looking at such beautiful skyes might have a healing power also... :)

javier
07-03-2010, 03:22 AM
An image of scandal and beautiful displayed, I love.:):):):):):)

alkratzer
07-03-2010, 03:52 AM
This one's after my own heart! Well done! Al

marcialsj
07-03-2010, 07:05 AM
You've got a great eye for color. Beautiful rendition.

Lima
07-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Outstanding image Caesar. Congratulations.

Caesar
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Thank you, dear Panaslonix! Glad to meet You! How's Asterix, one of my preferred comics character, by the way? I'm kidding ...:p

Some of the most wonderful show of nature can be seen up in the sky, dear Barnburner ... Thank You!

That's possibly why we all hope to fly upstairs playing the harp on the clouds once pass away, dear Anna ... :rolleyes::D Thank You!

Thank You, dear Javier! The good news is that ther's no ticket to pay so far ...:p

I was pretty sure a sunset couldn't pass unobserved by You, dear Al, after so many sunset and flaming palettes in Your marvellous artpieces! Thank you!

An aging one at 51, unfortunately, dear Marcialsj, but I guess that the sky and the sun here in Rome are quite helpful anyway ...:) thank you!

Thank you, dear Oriane. As You know we should go o stunning Lee with the colours and the lighting we benefit from at our latitudes ... :D Thank You!

Evart
07-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Beautiful sky. I love sunsets :)

franc
07-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Impessionism--I like!

jibes
07-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Excellent rendering Caesar. You captured the colors without picking them. I'm impressed!

RobertSWade
07-03-2010, 07:28 PM
It's another winner in your inimitable style, my friend.

Panaslonix
07-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Thank you, dear Panaslonix! Glad to meet You! How's Asterix, one of my preferred comics character, by the way? I'm kidding ...:p

:D:D:D
Thank you, he is just OK, I will pass your regards to him.

But he often complains that there is now trouble for his favorite high speed race - traffic jams :D

Obelix is in at vacation in Thailand, getting some massage. :D

coops
07-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Wonderful depicting Cesare such dreamy colours at the end of a perfect day. It gives me such a peaceful feeling and I like it very much:)

Caesar
07-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Me too, dear Evart, provided it's not refered to me ...:D Thank You!

Thanks to Degas for assisting me with the pastels then, dear Franc!

I must say that pastels smudging a little into one other with some knife work are helpful too ... moreover, after so many painting books I read, I got at least some idea of the most useful hues to start with. Thank You, dear Jibes!

Dear Bob, we're anyway missing Your marvels and ever evolving inventions! Thank You!

LOL Thank You, dear Panaslonix!:D

We unfortunately rarely have those wonderful rainy or misty days You enjoy in England here in Rome, so good for tonal paintings, dear Katie, so I'm forced to draw too colorfully and wildly also these peaceful moments...:D Thank You.