PDA

View Full Version : Yeti bite

YetiBite
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Starting my own graphic design/ pro photography business. www.yetibite.com Going to offer mostly to band and entertainment companies as this is pretty much whom I love to work for anyhow. Made this today, figured I'd post a small low res version in black and white. A lof of detail gets lost in this small version as its pretty large but I think you guys will dig it. ArtRage is a brilliant software. If Im hand drawing or painting I just cant put it down. So glad I stumbled upon it last year. Photoshop who?

coops
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Wow what big teeth hes got but great drawing:)

mikejl
06-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Love it. Is that all sketched in AR? I still hand sketch on paper and scan. However, was going to start drawing directly in AR and see if that works.
Great work.

gpf
06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
hi,

the drawing reminds me of the GNU Gnu.

@mikejl:
Sketching in AR is great, i only sketch in AR directly. With an TabletPC, it it's like drawing on paper, only more flexible.

- gpf -

YetiBite
06-30-2010, 03:45 AM
I do everything by hand with light pencil settings on a base layer, ink on the top. I have a couple presets I use for my inking but the key is keeping my smoothing to 22-25% for bolder lines and less to almost none for high small details. Im illustrating with a Wacom Intuous 3 tablet. Trying to keep my workflow as quick as possibly so I can accomplish something similar to this in detail in a couple hours rather then adding more processes(scannning, redrawing etc.) Used a reference of a screaming ape and a bull picture. Just kept going with it from there and making it into more of what I envisioned my Yeti to look like.

Thanks guys :)

Jono
06-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Definitely don’t want to bump into one these! Thanks for sharing your techniques and workflow and good luck with your business venture. BTW I don’t think your website address has kicked in yet – I get an error reporting ‘Server not found’. :confused:

YetiBite
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
yeah website should be up in a month or so, thanks!

Caesar
07-01-2010, 12:49 AM
This graphical work is absolutely tasty and the ironic self-reference too! It's a fun, affirmative and credible statemenet and transfiguration in a way! Bravo!

YetiBite
07-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Yeah I laughed when I thought of the name Yeti Bite because It is so fitting since my hair is longer then it has ever been and my beard is pretty gnarly as well, thanks Ceasar

javier
07-01-2010, 05:37 AM
WOW...Impresive job.:):):)

ZombieLunch
07-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Great work! Love the name too. I'm new to AR and to the tablet. It's refreshing to see someone else doing some illustrating too!

Evart
07-01-2010, 10:07 AM
EEK AND A BIG YIKES! Creepy looking demon. You are a talented artist, to create such a drawing, that causes a reaction. Nice work! :)

YetiBite
07-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Artrage seems like the perfect bitmap illustrating software to me. glad you dig the Yeti Bite