PDA

View Full Version : Delphic Sibyl

eighty+
06-24-2010, 04:27 AM
hi starter's she seem's a good quite girl and quick with the coffee and cake I'll get fat as a pig if i'm not careful, the doc tells me i've got h/hernia plus diverticular which puts me on high fibre food for the rest of my nataural I bet the Jolly reaper is having a good laugh mind u I did tell it was good for the soul but he laughed all the more :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

eighty+
06-27-2010, 01:50 AM
just blocking some colours in with air brush :D:D:D:D:D:D

eighty+
07-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi thought I better have look to see how she getting on, now she's quite happy got plenty of coffee and biks and she said the studio is quite warm so alright I'll come back later ok :D:D-----------E/S

eighty+
07-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi the bloke in the background I've cut out
so it will be only the girl :D:D:D--------------E/S

eighty+
07-15-2010, 01:29 AM
looking at her arm she must-ave been a blacksmith :D:D:D

MJSparks
07-15-2010, 03:10 AM
I dunno, butter churning would probably make a pretty muscled arm. I'd figure...

eighty+
07-15-2010, 04:28 AM
yeah she must have done a lot of churning :D:D:D:D-----------E/S

Alexandra
07-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Great work Leonardo!:):):):):)

Caesar
07-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Great! Now You're ready to work to the next Cappella Sistina restoration then ...;):)
Michelangelo Buonarroti would be proud of You ... even if You look more like Leonardo da Vinci ....:D

eighty+
07-16-2010, 11:47 PM
yeah I'm ready if the pay is good and can be banked in Switzland plus plenty of pasta and Bino Yeah I'm ready but none of that scaffolding work ok

eighty+
07-18-2010, 04:54 AM
touch more colour Caesar ow's that da vinca fellow ave i seen any of his stuff ??? :D:D:D ----------E/S

ARTGEEK
07-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Gorgeous piece!!!!! I love your work and the stories that come with them:)
Brilliant!!!!!!

eighty+
07-18-2010, 10:29 PM
thanks Artgeek glad u like and the chat too as its what keeps us laughing ok :D:D:D-----------E/S

eighty+
07-19-2010, 09:58 AM
looks like it for Sibyl as Michel as ask me to stand in as their regular chappie has gone sick only as fill in painter u know they do the detail stuff then I'll just slap the paint in so its easy work and I'll get to Rome and see what there all raving about at least it will be warm there might even see a few statues no I don't mean the pope :D:D:D------------E/S

Caesar
07-19-2010, 11:26 AM
This Delphic Sybil, dear mate, is part of the huge fresco of the Universal Judgement painted on the ceiling of the Sixtin Chapel in St. Peter Basilica, Vatican, the most famous church of Christianity.
It's not by Leonardo da Vinci but by Michelangelo Buonarroti. There's also another Sybil painted, the Cuman one. They were two of the most famous oracles of ancient Roman times ....
I obviously saw this whole painting which is the most famous, gorgeous and demanding one ever, a real cyclopic size enterprise too, carried out by an absolute genius of drawing, painting and sculpture as Michelangelo (and a very good poet too as a hobby).
Separated by few years and by hardly a generation, at that time,we had in Italy Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo); Michelangelo Buonarroti (Michelangelo), Raffaello Sanzio (Raffaello or Raphael) and Tiziano Vecellio (Tiziano or Titien).
No other century, I think, saw four number one painters like them together ...

eighty+
07-19-2010, 07:21 PM
thanks for the info Caesar, in a book i have they think Raphael was the best, what one get's your vote ??? :confused::confused::confused: :D:D:D

Caesar
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
In tis case of judgement, I prefer to just set an absolutely top ranking category where, personally, taking also into account their excellence or originality for their age and the follow-on influence they had, I'd put all the three of them, but also Giotto, Antonello da Messina, Titien, Caravaggio, Tintoretto, Velasquez, Rubens, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Turner, Corot, Ingres, Fattori, Manet, CÚzanne, Mir˛,Picasso, De Chirico, Magritte, Kandisky, Klee (I'm probably forgetting some others). Just below there are many other who are still clearly superior to the mass of other painters and, in there too, even using the least chauvinistic approach, You'd find lots of my country fellows.
I refrain tough to take a position concerning the art after the II WW, because it would be absolutely impossible, due to quite different visions and definitions about art and too many market driven considerations and forces (actually they work very much also backwards and down to the XIX century painters so that, should You rank a painter from the price of his/ her works, Van Gogh would be considered Nr. 1, but he would certainly still be the first one to doubt on that).

eighty+
07-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Caesar surely not Cezanne in my book I've never rated him :confused::confused::confused:
alway's felt he paid for his pludit's after he copped his inhertence and got that good agent :D:D:D

Caesar
07-20-2010, 05:44 AM
.. in that case I must say that he was for sure fundamental for many subsequent great masters going beyond impressionism, although he's not in the bunch of the ones leaving me speechless either but except for very few of his paintings ...:D
There are also many Picasso paintings i don't like and, as cubist, I prefer Braque.
For instance I like Klimt and Schiele better (just to correctly refrain from citing Italian names) ...

eighty+
07-20-2010, 06:11 AM
yeah e leave's me speechless all the time, as for those two think of all those bird's :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D------------E/S