PDA

View Full Version : Silhouette quick experiment

Caesar
06-23-2010, 03:40 AM
A few minutes of play. A silhouette I drew (didn't trace) and painted (arms and legs) referenceless, then coloured for in the residual areas.
Unfortunately I've got no wooden model (or mannequin), so some proportions may be wrong, but i still like its geometry.
This basic drawing may have quite a number of outcomes.

TO ANY WILLING MATE:
Pls feel free to download this skecth and complete it the way and the style You would like .... and put Your signature on instead ...:)

barnburner
06-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Both it's proportions, and it's geometry, look good to me Caesar... :D:D

Alexandra
06-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Great anatomy and great talent, but my eyes go down to the fantastic Cesare Shoes of Italy.:cool::p:D

Docsmith626
06-23-2010, 06:55 AM
Caesar does love his skankboots. ;):p

Caesar
06-23-2010, 09:21 PM
... obviously it's a curved geometry Gauss would have possibly appreciated too, dear Barnburner. :D Thank You!

... sooner or later I'll have to become a shoe designer and maker. It looks like I've got already a market in here! :p Thank You, dear Sandra!

... I hope You too, with all the rest once finished and in place, dear Doc!;):D thanks for dropping ....:)

Evart
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Is this the one legget woman? :D I like her shoe ;)

coops
06-24-2010, 01:42 AM
This is looking fine Cesare and looking forward to seeing it finished and also getting my shoes back. Well done:)

AT-TA
06-24-2010, 02:19 AM
Very nice, feminine cotours, Caesar... but as Ev is pointing out... what about the other leg? Or the rest is upon us how we deal with it?;)

Caesar
06-24-2010, 02:51 AM
Thank You, dear Evart, Katie and Anna!
Don't worry, it's not for a campaign against mines. She's making dance excercises; so the other leg is lifted sideways, behind the figure and kept in position by the other arm, ... unfortunately hiden by her chest and head ...:D

kenmo
06-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Love your playing....

MJSparks
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Well,

First thing I would like to say is "Thank you for the inspiration".

Secondly, this made me want to step past my normal comfort zone of chickening out when it comes to faces. I wasn't going for super realistic straight from a photo.... but for a real first time kind of portrait thing, I think it turned out ok.

So, hopefully I did ok. I'm terribly unsure about posting, this is the first step I've taken out of my boundaries... but here goes.:o

I call her Jane Monroe. (no actual reference used other than my noodle and Caesar's starter picture)

barnburner
06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Good job Magen!:)

javier
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Interesting what you propose here. We will see the point of view of each one of us:):D;)

Caesar
06-25-2010, 05:46 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo!

Dear Magen, You're absolutely welcome and You did a great job working on my sketching proposal! Monroe is perhaps because the hint to Marylin's skirt famous uplifting scene ...;)
I like Your interpretation very much and, working referenceless, but from a suggested start, maybe quite funny and allow us to communicate freely something of us emerging from our idea and most natural style.
Maybe after collecting some of them I may try to guess something from each mate :rolleyes:... it would be an interesting game to play .... :p Thank You Very Much!:)

Dear Barneburner and Javier, give a try too if You wish .... I guess that, respectively, textured 3D and fine drawing and graphics versions would emerge. Thanks!

MJSparks
06-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback.

I was up with an inability to sleep and she came to mind.So I guess if she's not all that great, I could use the excuse of being deleriously tired. :p

Faces have always been an issue for me. I guess perhaps that is due to the soul behind it. Eyes tell a story without speaking, facial expressions show so much and not a single word need be uttered. It's all very intimidating because I definitely want to capture that part of the soul perfectly and maybe I'm not quite as confident in my abilities to do so. With practice, I suppose it will become easier and maybe I'll even finish my elven girl in the woods one day.

Yes, it is most certainly a nod to that famous Monroe. ;) I don't know, something about the pose, with those shoes and the blond hair, just asked to be.

The whole thing was two layers. First layer was the original picture, the second my own. When I had what I felt was good, I merged down and did some final touches. Was also done on my laptop, which is not quite as powerful as my pc.

Lando
06-25-2010, 12:27 PM
This geometry represents female pop very well in our "poposuda" they are a big hit with tourists for the big butt and small waist and swing her up there on the "Electric Trio." Seeing is believing, my friend!

Caesar
06-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Dear Magen, I'm sure ou'll achieve whatever You wish painting, with more or less exercise, depending on Your previous experiences.
If You wish, I might even sketch one or more outline figures (position options) for Your elven girl You may have fun with by modifying colouring etc. to then and put in Your scenes.
I'm sure You'd become pretty soon confident and make Your own beautiful figures pretty soon. I would also remind You the famous most Loomis tutorials DocSmith recently reported as links (I downloaded all of them since some time them as AcrobatReader).

Dear Lando, I believe what You say to be an intriguing vision of a dancing geometry even by mere faith, also because I have the luck to be able to see mentally (thus virtually the old way) also when there's no real presence ....:D
Thank You!

Lando
06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
I trust in your ability to see mentally imminent all good artists, but I dare to send our poposuda made about her figure and the standard of the European woman that I enjoy.

Caesar
06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Thanks a lot, dear Lando, and bravo!
I think we have a shared view on how charme relates to a more curved geometry and we may jointly start our campaign against skinny models and anorexy! :D
I would attach herebelow a possible poster we may add some sort of message on ....:rolleyes::p

MJSparks
06-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Lando, I like that sketch.

Ceasar, Thank you, I appreciate your words.

Elven girl is pretty much finished, as far as body position, shading and things go. The only thing she's lacking is a face and some work polishing her up.

Same thing goes for another picture which is of my grandmother as a child, Body is proportioned and the scene is pretty much set, just lacking face and finishing touches. (My sister would not have any issue putting faces to anything, she's quite talented. Her hesitation is in cartooning and abstract though.)

In both I hesitate to finish. I'm practicing face-body stuff for now. Going to work on critters, people, anything that will step me out of my boundary that I've accidently built.

I plan focus my work there and work up to those that I felt too important to touch with my inexperienced hand. My husband was very brilliant last night and I wish I could recall his exact words, but he said exactly what I needed to hear and to the effect of, "How will you grow as an artist if you never challenge yourself?"

Of course, the light bulb went on!

SCP
06-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Very Cool,and a good idea with some interesting results.:)

Caesar
06-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Dear Magen, Your husband is a wise man for sure (and that must have been a creative night ...) We'll keep waiting Your forthcoming painting evolutions!

Thank You, dear SCP!

javier
06-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Sorry, I did not know downloading the image, but this is my vision of his model, although I have changed a bit, I guess I did not expect this, he may be saying what happens in the imagination, I hope you enjoy.:):):)

Caesar
07-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Dear Javier, both Your fantasy and comics drawing ability are eloquently showed in this illustration which would have deserved the cover of a 50ies science fiction book or magazine!
Bravissimo!