PDA

View Full Version : Ally Cat

Docsmith626
06-22-2010, 06:29 PM
The feline in question is the Jaguar hiding in the weeds. I apologize for the quality of the image. As I've said before, I prefer working large, and the image did not fare well in the transition from large .png to a much smaller .jpeg. About 60% PhotoShop, 40% ArtRage from a photograph I took in St. Louis last month. There will be more. :)

Caesar
06-22-2010, 09:40 PM
This is absolutely stunning and among the most beautiful images in this Forum according to my taste. You reinterpeted in the most artistic way the picture, by choosing a style and a palette just perfect both painterly and realistically credible in full.
Moreover I cannot but highly appreciate the humour of Your mechanical "predator" (a Jaguar car) lying down in ambush and ready to spring into the lane ...:D

Alexandra
06-23-2010, 03:15 AM
I agree! Well done Doc!

Docsmith626
06-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks, Sandra. I just wish ArtRage was comfortable working in a larger rendering space. I'm doing too much of the work in 64-bit software.

Gratzi, Caesar. I pictured the beast patiently awaiting the passing of an unwary Yugo. :D

Jasminek
06-23-2010, 12:42 PM
This is wonderful. I have so much probelm drawing straight lines and this work is so good that it makes me wonder why I have the problem. Very impressive work dear friend.:)

barnburner
06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Very nice work Doc...
As a kid when we first moved to St. Louis from Arkansas, we lived on Cleveland, and had an alley
much like this one behind us.
Good job!:):)

kenmo
06-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Very nice work... St Louis eh? The home of my favorite pro sports team... The NHL's St Louis Blues... Been a Blues fan since 1968.... Go Blues Go...

Love the paintery image....

Mairzie Dotes
06-24-2010, 04:32 AM
Docsmith626,
Now THIS is an "Alley Cat" that I might consider adopting. Does it
come with "papers?" ;) :D
A beautiful example of photo art mixed with light hearted humor. :)

Docsmith626
06-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Thanks, Mair. I grew up looking at Norman Rockwell, and there was always a loving chuckle buried somewhere in his work. Not a bad standard to look to.

Mairzie Dotes
06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks, Mair. I grew up looking at Norman Rockwell, and there was always a loving chuckle buried somewhere in his work. Not a bad standard to look to.

Docsmith626,
I have also always admired Norman Rockwell art ... classics all and ...
that "Alley Cat" seems like he might really want someone to adopt
him. The silver grill? fur? embellishment reminds me of a heart, a
possible indication that he may be searching for a loving home? ;) :D :)

Lima
06-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I lived in St. Louis a good time. I know this kind of alley. Good painting Doc:)

javier
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
This is wonderful, amazing painting, great job.:):):)