PDA

View Full Version : New ArtRage Member

marcialsj
06-19-2010, 06:45 AM
I've been lurking in ArtRage for about a month, tried out the new ArtRage Studio Pro 3 demo, and bought ArtRage Studio last week. Previous to that, I'd been doing artwork on and off in Corel Essentials 4 for about a year so I understood the basic concept of digitally painting off of a photograph in layers. Gotta say though that it was really fun working in ArtRage -- things look like a painting right away and it happens so smoothly and fast!

This first painting, the French Fry Cook, is from a photo taken at the 2010 Mushroom Mardi Gras in Northern California. The Mexican cook seems to have such dignity as he does his humble job. I prepped it in Photoshop to add saturation and vibrance, then brought it into ArtRage Studio. Messed around with extra layers for pencil drawing and a value study but found that working off a photo, you don't need to do that. After reading the Tutorial Forum, I used the how-to-paint-sky tutorial to get rid of clutter in the background. Took about a day to get this done but it was worth it!

In the second painting, the one with the grapes and wine basket, I only used three layers. Started by importing the image and also setting it as the trace image. Painted large shapes directly off the imported image, created a new layer and used trace image with oil brush to refine things some, and in a third layer used the pen (still set to tracing the image) to do the fine detail. Took about three hours from start to finish. I sure like this ArtRage!

barnburner
06-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Welcome aboard! Very nice images..:)

Lima
06-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Very nice paintings. Congratulations.

Alexandra
06-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Vibrant beautiful colors, and great style. Welcome!

Evart
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the awesome forum. Your paintings are beautiful, with vibrant colors that is pleasing to the eye. Awesome job!

Valerie
06-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum and your work is fantastic.
Val

PICASO41
06-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Agreed

Outstanding use of colors.

Welcome :)

Mike

coops
06-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum and wow what a fantastic start you have made. You are very talented and looking forward to seeing many more paintings from you:)

as212
06-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Very smooth lines. beautiful intensity.

EB
06-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Welcome and I have agree with everyone else.

Caesar
06-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Welcome and congratulations for Your stunning talent! Two excellent painting perfectly simulating acrylics!

mannafig
06-20-2010, 04:14 AM
hello and welcome:):)
Two very nice paintings:):)

marcialsj
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your warm welcomes and kind comments. I went to the local Japanese Cultural Festival over the weekend and took tons of photos, and I'm painting some of them in AR now. Will hopefully post them as a unit on Friday. See you then!

Mairzie Dotes
06-22-2010, 03:50 PM
marcialsj,
Your artistic talent shows through with these exceptionally striking
pieces. Bright, energetic ... you have a most impressive style.
Excellent art work! :)

pai
06-23-2010, 10:57 AM
Very great paintings. Love the colors in these. :)