PDA

View Full Version : My older son (improved)

Caesar
06-17-2010, 05:01 AM
Not that easy with pencils ... and my usual randomly defective pen ...
One layer and small size.
From a picture of a couple of years ago slightly "aged" almost to now.
No tracing, no colour picking though ...

Using the mouse and the pen working slightly better, I improved it a little and increased the likeness (also according to his mom protests) :p

Lee
06-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Dear Caesar, What a handsome young man!! love the loose touch of the drawing, and all the colors which am sure comes from the brilliant Itallian sun, has the look of real oil chalks, very nice!:)

Docsmith626
06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Now he looks a right proper young rogue. Bet he's quite popular.

AT-TA
06-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Handsome young man, Caesare. He's got deep waters standing in his soul...i like what i see in his face and you drawn it so expertly. I wish people would draw more. When all turnes out right, there's such an harvest of satisfaction always waiting...i think better and sweeter then cinzano..;)

SCP
06-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Very nice pencil work Caesar,once again showing your skills!;):):)

Mairzie Dotes
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Dear Caesar,
What a strikingly attractive portrait, in particular that energetic,
captivating and lovable expression. He is so full of life and those
twinkling eyes and bewitchingly impish smile, what's not to love
here. Extremely well painted! :)

barnburner
06-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Caesar - Your son is indeed a fine looking young man.
You have done a great job with this.
:)

Alexandra
06-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Beautiful son just like I am sure beautiful parents. Wonderful portrait Cesare!

coops
06-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Wonderful portrait Cesare and what a glint he has in his eye. Well done:)

Caesar
06-17-2010, 08:41 PM
:pYou're completely right, dear Lee, especially that the Mediterranean sun effect impacted on colors (and tan), since it was from a summer holiday picture of two years ago I "updated" to look grown as he is now ... Thank You!

Believe me, dear Doc, apart from my son's beauty (any father would see alike, but I have also some objective indications), times are quite different now from what used to be at my youth times, so he doesn't need to be that rogue to be "successful". He should rather be careful because girls tend to be not that shy anymore and grow faster (also in malice)...:D
Thank You!

Dear Anna, You have a deep insight and wisdom! Thank You! I told You that my older boy wasn't that bad either ...:p

... especially against my stumbling pen, dear SCP...:p thank You!

Dear Mair, at least I've got a good masculine model to draw and paint in few years, even if he's probably not vain enough to accept such a role (certainly no more in a nked version in front of me; a pity for his fans):D.
Thank you.

Thank You, dear Barnburner! Actually color pencils (just as chalk and pastels) don't mix that simply as other tools, but I tamed them enough!

Well, dear Alexandra, I should say that my contribution is considerable, but, fortunately for him, discreet enough to have her mom's and other nice relatives we both have, to show evidently, especially in several captivating details ... :p
Thank You!

Dear Katie, that's exactly where he's almost perfectly alike (I should amend slightly his mouth, even if his smiling expression is practically that one). He's got a slightly darker and smaller blue eyes than his brother (stunning in many ways). Emanuele's eyes are normally an intense blue (jeans) tone out of enlightened areas, but they do shine and, under the sun and on the beach and in the sea, they may change to an incredible range of blues and greens with even, occasionally, spots of honey yellow.
Thank You!

Evart
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
It looks great, my friend :D

Caesar
06-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Well, dear Evart, thank You, but it looks like my wife wasn't that happy with the portrait saying I should have painted him better in some details.:(:)

mannafig
06-20-2010, 08:21 PM
You and your wife done a great job of having two very handsome sons dear Cesare. Really nice work:):)

Caesar
06-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Thank You, dear Amanda, although she's not yet satisfied of the older one portrait. She says only the enlighted (left part) is almost perfect while the other half isn't ...:(
We were probably more talented and passionately engaged generating our sons than I am as a painter ...:D

Lima
06-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Nice and expressive. The eyes and skin tones are fantastic. Well done Caesar.

Caesar
06-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Thank You, dear Oriane!
With pencils the only problem is that a too little size show a grainy effect and a too large size has to be filled with too many strokes and it's harder to get an happy touch (with a well done passage only), otherwise they're just great and very natural to me since my early days ...
I also have to fight quite often with my now randomly defective pen while trying to make up a choice of the most cost-effective new tablet to possibly buy.

javier
06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Given their problems with the pen, you do a wonderful job. And his handsome son.:):):)

Caesar
06-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Muchas graçias, Javier! As my wife says, Emanuele is even better looking than in my modest attempt, but I thought this portrait had still interesting elements and lessons to share.:)

I'm uncertain now about which one the possible next tablet should be; most likely either another very cheap Trust (very cost-effective, after all, at less than 60 € and with a very kind support replacing twice my pen this far) or a costly and similarly A5 sized active area Wacom, costing in between 150 and 200 €.
I'm wondering whether I may get some additional money from my drawings and paintings, in which case also an investement on a larger Wacoma, at say 350€ could be re-paid ....:rolleyes:

RobertSWade
06-23-2010, 11:01 AM
He doesn't look like you except for a lot. :)
An heirloom piece, my friend.

Bob Row
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Regarding the Wacom size, not always bigger is better. It depends of your own style of drawing.
If your are used to draw with ample movements of your arm, then bigger is OK.
But if you feel at ease drawing with short strokes from your wrist, you'll find that the bigger tablet is an impediment instead of an advantage.
At least this was my experience when moving from A5 size to A3. My regards.

Caesar
06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Thank You, dear Bob (Wade)! :) It's really nice to hear from You again, my friend. (... and You're absolutely right thereabout; we were more alike at the same little kid age, but his looking was always definitely better than mine).

Thank You too for Your wise advice, dear Bob Row! :) You're absolutely right! Actually I'm using an A5 and it's perfect I'd say (no more than an 4 anyway), since I'm also still a little myopic ...