PDA

View Full Version : Tiber - An imaginary quickie.

Caesar
06-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Roller once again. Very fast ...

mannafig
06-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Very fast it might have been, Very lovely it is. A lovely scene to come out from that wonderful mind of yours dear Cesare:):)

javier
06-09-2010, 06:52 AM
I agree with out friend mannafig, I sometimes I can be quite fast,( but with the color Im a mess), my congratulations Cesar.:):):)

Caesar
06-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda! Actually all was activated by the colours contrast I often notice, going back home, between the greens and blues of the river and the warm pink/ orange, yellow and white tones of the bridge stones and marbles ...

Right, it's not that easy to pick intuitively the right colours (although some rules may be of help), dear Javier, as You correctly say, and sometimes You should decide the basic palette upfront to avoid messing around ... thank You for Your congratulations!

AT-TA
06-09-2010, 01:13 PM
And another one.... thank you Caesar.... i love this one also... rough, but gentle, airy and if this bridge leads to the Angel's Castle, you reminded me of one beautiful day in my life. I think two is not enough,;)there's more comming up...is it? Beautiful bridge bytheway...

Caesar
06-09-2010, 07:42 PM
... this one You mean, il Ponte degli Angeli leading to Castel Sant'Angelo, dear Anna? That ancient castle, fortress, prison, with the archangel St. Michael unsheathing the sword on its top, is where the dramatic ending events of Tosca, the famous and omonimous opera heroine, occurred.
I wouldn't exclude I may depict it sooner or later.
Anyway it's just one of the marvellous historical bridges crossing this river, some of them particularly ancient and beautiful such ad Ponte Milvio or Ponte Sublicio (the first one, built 2.5 millennia ago).
My painting here was none in particular, just an imaginary fast relaxing excercise, even if inspired to some of the architectures we actually have. Thank You!

AT-TA
06-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks Caesar for the photo, yes this is the one i meant. Beautiful at night as it is by day also. And if you get to painting it... am looking forward to see it how your muse will deal with all that beauty...:)

L Skylar Brown
06-10-2010, 03:25 AM
This is very nice! But - the title makes me think of all sorts of things - I've had an imaginary quickie or two!

kenmo
06-10-2010, 04:45 AM
Very nice....:):)

Caesar
06-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Usually young age tend to favour free imagination and speed, dear Skylar .... not the best approach in several cases You may think of though ... Thank you!

Glad You like it, dear Kenmo!

coops
06-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Love the colours, the flow and the feel of this one Cesare. Well done again:)

Lima
06-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Really nice Caesar.

SADCLOWN
06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
hi .my friend .the work is beautiful .wow,i love it .:D

Caesar
06-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Thank You all, my dear friends Katie, Oriane and Sadclown!

Dear Sadclown, I remember You are sad because You live in a town far from Your father. I hope You are well now.
You are a great artist and I remember that You are young and beautiful.
Keep your hopes high, my friend!

亲爱的Sadclown,我记得您是哀伤的,因为您在一个镇居住离您的父亲很远的地方。 我希望您现在很好。
您是一位了不起的艺术家,并且我记得您年轻和美丽。
保持您的希望高,我的朋友!

Alexandra
06-10-2010, 09:07 PM
A beautiful painting to view Cesare! I enjoyed the beautiful photo as well. What a fabulous place in which to live. Wonderfully done.:)

Caesar
06-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I had that luck, dear Sandra, I recognize it, and be assured I'm grateful to generations of great ancestors and our good Holy Father.
As everybody in here, therefore i feel the need to share such delights with all the friends in here some way. Thank You!

SCP
06-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Nice roller work Caesar!:):)

Caesar
06-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Thanks a lot, dear SCP!