PDA

View Full Version : A minor Rome view

Caesar
06-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Just to relax. Almost all by roller from a reference picture.
I didn't want to make recourse though to any of the too nice view Rome naturally has or the hundreds top class dazzling monuments amassed in well over two millennia of continuous civilisation as worldwide capital and reference also after the Western Roman Empire fell.
Only Byzantium/ Constantinople/ Instanbul, the second Rome, capital of the Eastern Roman Empire (which eventually fell in 1453 and is still the most durable Empire ever) has a possibly comparable importance in history.
I therefore painted just one of the so many simple, lovely, humble, but beautiful view You may discover.

AT-TA
06-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Caesare, this is gorgeous... love the teracotta/sp/ colors and the free style with roller makes in your hand such a lovely and inviting picture. I love Rome, it is really so beautiful... and you, with this reminded me of its splendor.Thanks for sharing.;)

L Skylar Brown
06-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Yes, it's so hard to find those little bright spots among all that jumble of marble and terra cotta. I spent a lot of time going up and down Italy just searching for something to paint! I'm joking, of course. This is wonderful!

mannafig
06-09-2010, 03:19 AM
Stunningly beautiful dear Cesare:):)

ScottF
06-09-2010, 03:26 AM
Caesar, this is a peaceful, lovely view--the sort of thing I always look for when traveling. IŽve been working on something similar for a while now (also from somewhere in Italy). One of these days IŽll finish it.:cool:

javier
06-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Beautiful image and very well represented given personally do not know Rome, but if I was in a fishing village called Calgary (in my time of marine).:):):):)

Lima
06-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Uno primor my friend. A masterpiece.

Caesar
06-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Dear Anna, I think the colours in here tend to match well enough Your inner palette, looking at Your paintings, therefore this helped too with getting Your warm appreciation! Thank You!

Dear Skylar Brown, I'm quite curious about the time You spent here, your expectations and discoveries. You're possibly the last artist making the Grand Tour in Italy (as everybody in Europe, artists, intellectuals, noble and rich youngster used to do at least up to the XIX century).:rolleyes: Thank you!

Thank You, dear Amanda. In addition to the most stunning marvels, her in Rome, there are many modest, little corners where You may suddenly feel reconciled with life.

Knowing of Your talent and accuracy, dear Scott, I'm sure You're going to leave us speechless and I look forward to see Your forthcoming new stunner pretty soon! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Javier! This view is just a modest corner of Rome, thus similar enough to many other southern European towns and villages.
I'm sorry You didn't have the opportunity to visit Rome because it's absolutely unique as You might easily realize even just looking at some picture gallery or touristic guide ...

I'm really flattered by Your great compliment, dear Oriane. Thank You!

eighty+
06-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Hi ceasar you should be so lucky living in Rome as us lesser mortals live in more humble abode's good luck to u :D:D

eighty+
06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
also I must say your work is escalating to a higher level congrats :D

Caesar
06-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Thank You, dear Eighty+! I should probably thank my pen that worked properly the last two days. Unfortunately today it started again malfunctioning ....:(

kenmo
06-10-2010, 05:07 AM
:):) Nice work.....

Caesar
06-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo!

coops
06-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Another wonderful painting Cesare. Love the colours and the gentleness of this one:)

Caesar
06-10-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank You, dear Katie. The merit is more of Rome than mine ..:)

Alexandra
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Another gentle beauty Cesare. Enjoyed this one as well.:)

Caesar
06-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Thank You again, dear Sandra! It's easy to imagine mythological stories happening in this town architectures and parkswhich were in the past the gardens of ancient noble families ...
Actually Rome is still called here l'Urbe, from Latin Urbs, that is the Town, since in emperial times there was no other comparable town, as for size and marvels, all over the then known world and it continued to be a referene also for many centuries up to the XVII century at least.

franc
06-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Excellent use of the roller. I like it .

alkratzer
06-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I have to agree with 8T+, you're getting better and better! The use of the roller and it's resultant mosaic-like marks added to your normal style and drawing makes this one a stand out!

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Dear Caesar,
The classic features of vintage Roman architechture is to be treasured
and acknowledged with admiring fervor and you have captured the very
essence with period excellence and artful resplendence. The shading
and old world palette choices are outstanding, a pleasure to view and
enjoy. Just beautiful! :)

Caesar
06-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Dear Al, curiously I believe that when I'm in a good day I'm a rather type of intuitive painter, so whichever simple style and AR tool I try to use, I may actually get an interesting outcome whenever I avoid overworking. Moreover I'm particularli comfortable when it deals with drawing, an activity I'm familiar with since very long time ... Nonetheless I wish I could fix some good style to a high enough level of quality and reliability. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Mary Ann. Sometimes the best You can do is to just act as a talent scout of what You've got around and humbly work to let the subject express itself, as in this case, and join it with Your most fresh sense of wonder and delight though Your intuitive signs and palette.
It's a bit like work under the Creator and some of our grat ancestors directions; a good result is almost granted. I have to repeat that I've got the unique advantage to live in a most blessed town and country, especially when it comes at sharing visual pleasures.

MJSparks
06-12-2010, 07:19 AM
I like this piece. For some reason it puts me in the mind of a book I read and loved as a child. I can't recall the name of the book, but the image just seems familiar to me. I read so much as a youth...

Will prolly be thinking about it for months before I remember the book...

EB
06-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Very nicely done Caesar

Caesar
06-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Thank You too very much, dear Magebsparks and EB. Magen, pls, try to remember ...:p

barnburner
06-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Great job Caesar.. I'm just amazed at what you can go with the roller.

Caesar
06-13-2010, 03:36 AM
Dear Barnburner, I would confess that I'm amazed too, so I believe that part of the merit is actually with our AR roller ...:p:) ... quite seriously. With higher pressures it leaves those little bright sparkles adding sone light and texture (useful also on another tool, on the same or a new layer sometimes to add some particular grain effect). Moreover it's very fast and precise for straight lines. Thank You!