PDA

View Full Version : AR3 is perfect for... anime drawing

Null
06-07-2010, 10:33 AM
I've watched a "Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22: You can (NOT) advance" recently, and I was striked down by nostalgy. I've watched some key moments of the original anime serial and couldn't stop myself from redrawing a snapshot
Here are the original (small one) and the result
I used the first one as tracing to draw lines with Ink Pen, and they got really awesome

Before, I tried to start drawing in AR itself, but it was no good. I think, from now on I will draw sketches on paper, scan them, trace and Ink.

Hooray for AR3!

Docsmith626
06-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Hey! Whatever works. The Drawing is fantastic. I still have trouble with the feel of the pen-tablet, so I use an edge-detector or a sketch plug-in to nail down positions. I may end up buying an I-Pad so that I can do enough doodling to eliminate that problem. :o

javier
06-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Excellent drawing anime, I share the same opinion on AR, as painting is very free wing creating this great program and allows us to do wonders as you do.:):):):)

kenmo
06-08-2010, 05:02 AM
Very nice manga/anime sketch....

Doc what is this plugin? Does it work only with AR or is it a generic plugin for Windows?

Cheers

Docsmith626
06-08-2010, 07:57 AM
There is an edge-detector plugin down in art supplies. There are sketch mods iin any version of Painter or PostWorkShop.

kenmo
06-08-2010, 08:15 AM
You mean the ultra-sharpen filter? Not sure what plugin you mean....

haakoo
06-08-2010, 08:18 AM
xero plugins has one called lineArt
http://www.xero-graphics.co.uk/freeware.htm

Hans