PDA

View Full Version : Gabriele's Portrait

Caesar
05-25-2010, 03:07 AM
A one layer oil portrait of my younger son Gabriele. No elaborated procedure and quick enough (little more than one hour I guess).
I didn't want to overwork it, since it looks very much alike, so ....

paul_uk7
05-25-2010, 03:16 AM
A most beautiful painting, indeed, I especially like the way you, have painted the eyes.

mannafig
05-25-2010, 03:43 AM
You have a very handsome looking son there Cesare just like his dad:):D:D
Beautifully painted very lovely eyes:):)

javier
05-25-2010, 03:53 AM
great job, dear friend, I like their composition performed, and very handsome model.:):):)

L Skylar Brown
05-25-2010, 04:20 AM
Well Done! I love painting relatives, especially the children. You are probably right not to over-work it.

coops
05-25-2010, 07:26 AM
A lovely painting of a wonderful subject Cesare. You have captured the likeness to:) his father too.

justjean
05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Beautiful painting of a handsome intelligent looking young man

Alexandra
05-25-2010, 12:32 PM
So expressive and beautifully painted Cesare. He indeed looks very much like his handsome father.

jibes
05-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Very nice Caesar I am so glad you posted it!

SCP
05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Hello Dear Caesar,
A very nice portrait,looks like you have hit the target with this very fast fine work.You have done very well not to overwork it,looks great mate!:):):)

Lima
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I totally agree:). Very nice indeed. Beautiful painting of a great boy.

Caesar
05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Dear Paul I wasn't absolutely precise, not even on his eyes, but the effect I got was good enough and very alike.
The challenge was to portray him quickly updating to his present aspect (two years older) a not exceptional reference picture where his pose was the right one though. All without any shortcut or help such as tracing, picking colour etc. Thank You!

Dear Amanda, thank You, too kind of You! anyway I think both my sons, him and his brother, are more handsome than I ever was and i suspect it's a contribution of their mom genes ...:p

A father's opinion is not the most objective one, but I agree his a very nice boy, dear Javier. So it was a quite fast and easy task for me to fulfil his request (for school reasons and challenge I understood) ...
:D Thank you!

Dear Skylar, as You wisely say, it's often better to keep what You immediately capture whenever it's good enough for Your purpose, especially when You start with no planning at all on how to proceed, as in this case. Thank You!

There are elements of likeness indeed, dear Katie, but You need a subtle eye to notice, because apparently, considering his fair complexion, hair and eyes colour and his slender build (neither me or my wife have, but are present in our families, especially on her side). Curiously the same applies to his brother, although the two are not that much alike. Thank You!

Yes, he's actually got a somehow weird and surprising type of fantasy and intelligence though, dear Jean, :D often very funny to listen to Thank You!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Actually we had some significant improvement on this new model, due to the positive contribution of his mom ...:D

I thank You very much, dear Jibes and I appreciate Your warm reply!

Thank You, dear SCP! I had at least the opporunity to use a different (and substantially fitting) skin tones and colors scheme.

Dear Oriane, I wish I could have enough skill to use also thick paint on a portrait. This far I tend to mix thinned tones on the same layer for skin. Thank You!

alkratzer
05-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Great looking portrait of a great looking kid! Congratulations!

Caesar
05-26-2010, 02:50 AM
Thank You, dear Al! He preferred to be portraid the classical way to be sure of a good likeness ....

ARTGEEK
05-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Awesome caesar!!! Love the style. You have a handsome boy. Great job

Jim Walsh
05-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Nice portrait. He'll treasure that. I seem to remember a portrait of your parents a while back. I'm sure they'll get passed down for a few generations.

Mike Severoff
05-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Perfectly! You are right that have stopped, IMHO

Caesar
05-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Thank You, dear Artgeek! Gabriele was quite pleased by the portrait, but also by compliments to him so far. It's hard to fix him and his expression well enough, because he's truly got (sincerely) fine traits and stunning eyes. I must say that his older brother too appears to be much admired (and I really could hardly compare with none of the two at their age, even if I wasn't that bad; new generations improve, especially because of their mother I guess :p)

You're right about that, dear Jim. Kids get quite often some evident and even more pronounced likeness with one or more of their grandparents. Thank You!

You're right, dear McKlay. Actually I can immediately grasp features for a good likeness (also considering a typical expression), but I don't have the patience to follow a planning and a precise procedure with all the tricks necessary for a more precise and almost mechanical reproduction. To that purpose cameras are more efficient I find ... Thank You!

pai
05-27-2010, 11:54 PM
he looks like you a lot but more handsome. :D wonderful portrait :)

Caesar
05-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Thank You, dear Pai!:) I do agree ...:p

AT-TA
05-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Very handsome lad, in very pretty painting...like your watercolor style Caesare...and your ladies are always so "juicy" and sweet. :)

Caesar
05-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Thank You, dear Anna.
His skin is quite pale, so I had to reproduce its reflections to some extent. I wasn't as much successful with his eyes, but likeness I got in a short time and loose style is still quite good ...