PDA

View Full Version : Nereid

Caesar
05-13-2010, 05:04 AM
I elaborated a monochrome drawing from a web found picture to make an excercise and test on the pencil potential.
It's on two layers and did not use the precise setting. Apart from the pencil as the main tool, I obviously used also the eraser.
I didn't use the knife at all to smooth the grain ...
I add herebelow also each of the two layers because they look interesting too, to some extent.
I hope the nude figure is hidden enough by the shadows so to not disturb anyone.

wenkat
05-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Beauty is seen thru' all the way to give a pleasant feeling for the viewers with a dash of historicalness!

paul_uk7
05-13-2010, 05:56 AM
A Most beautiful work.

coops
05-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Wonderful work Cesare with such movement in the water. Well done my friend:)

mannafig
05-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Beautiful work with the pencil dear Cesare I also like the colour that you chose:):)

EB
05-13-2010, 05:59 PM
Nicely done Caesar

AT-TA
05-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Very nice figure drawing, Caesar. Unusual pose and the nature around makes such a pleasant picture to view. I like when people are drawing, sketching, one can read so much about the authors of the drawings also in their work. ;)

Caesar
05-13-2010, 09:55 PM
You got almost lyrical in front of this, dear Wenkat ...:D I'm joking. Thanks my friend!

Dear Paul, I'm honoured by Your positive judgement. Thank You!

Dear Katie, after Your naiad I thought a nereid would work too, although I made the sea dance instead of the figure... Thank You!

I'm an old doodler, dear Amanda, so I like to draw whenever I have few minutes (it takes far less than painting the same subject with similar details I find). Thank you.

Many thanks, dear EB!

I'm quite curious to know what Your possibly read in my graphological analysis, dear Anna. You made me feel like on the analyst couch ...:D (still waiting for my first visit though). As for the pose, You know, all the other possible ones were already taken and patented by Bouguereau.:p Thank You.

Alexandra
05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Wow Cesare, a beautiful sketching indeed. Well done!

Caesar
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra.
Since You like to know about ancient mythology, the nereids were the nymphs of the sea according to Greeks and Romans.

Mike Severoff
05-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Impresses!

javier
05-14-2010, 02:28 AM
My Caesar friend enchants the work to me carried out here, the composition and the shaded one enchants, good work to me if sir:):):):)

Khalid_ipda
05-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Hi Caesar...beautiful, beautiful. Looks very artistic.:D:D:D:D:D

ScottF
05-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Another interesting piece, Caesar! It has the feel of an old illustration, or maybe a cartoon in preparation for a full-blown painting.

Caesar
05-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Thank You, dear McKlay for Your laconic appreciation!

Dear Javier, drawing (not painting) is my real second nature since my birth and something I like and do anytime and almost authomatically, even as a secondary effortless activity during a work meeting, for instance. I'm glad You like the outcome in here! Thank You!

I was pretty sure You would have appreciated all kind of natural views and beauties as I do, dear Kahlid.:D Thank You!

Good observation, dear Scott. On either a bigger size (the sheet size is well beyond the JPEG attachments limits) or using the knife, I could have made it look smoother. Thank You!

Lima
05-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Wonderful Caesar, really very nice technique.:)

Caesar
05-14-2010, 04:14 PM
Thank You, dear Oriane. I still have to fully explore all the pencil style possibilities.

boyd
05-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Well done!!!
Good job!

Mike Severoff
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Thank You, dear McKlay for Your laconic appreciation!
Caesar, I wished to write more, but my English forces me to be cautious :)

Caesar
05-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Thank You Boyd! Nice to meet You on this Forum!

I was just kidding, dear McKlay. ;):) Whoever can express himself in few, pregnant words is much appreciated by me who, quite often, get a little logorroic. The most famous Caesar wrote the De Bello Gallico (The Gaulish War) in a quite lapidary, but very effective and elegant style.

Anyway, whenever You or anyone else may feel short with English mastery for communicating , don't worry. I'll get the meaning anyway. You may add sentences or words in French, German or Italian (maybe also from other Latin derived languages as Spanish or Portuguese). For some other common enough languages I may try with the online translator.

AT-TA
05-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Had a good laugh here, Caesar.... yes i can read a lot how people paint, draw, what color they use, who they are... but do not be afraid, i am not taking money for my analysis.... and so you want to know: ok, this is a guy who loves life, everything beautiful and fine in it, including flowers and of course, the women. But women are like flowers, blooming so shortly and then comes the knive into question. THis guy Caesar would love to bring all this life's fineries into eternity in whatever form...painting, drawing...sculpting, who knows the value of a happy moment how delicate it is... who is willing to pay the price of it,even knowing that the fragility of circumstances only hold it together... and the Rome, beautiful, historical Rome, where he lives is such a right place for him to live at. Oh, gee, do not listen to all of this... it must be the parfume of a blooming appletree that blooms right in front of my eyes, it makes me drunk with lives wonders and then i am talking about things that are not "correct" to talk about.
So paint, draw,sketch... these are going to be great testaments to all of the written above.

Life is wonderful, if we ourselfs do not mess it all up.:)Be happy, buddy, and continue to do what you love to do....:)

Caesar
05-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Dear Anna, thank You for Your wonderful words and analysis!
Somehow You seem to have reached the psychologist couch You too, to some extent bwith such a declaration of passion and love for the world and life we so often forget to deeply and correctly enjoy and exploit in its unique opportunity for the only worthwhile aim it has, to look forward to turn the ephemeral nature of existence into the possibility of neverending happiness into our everlasting essence.
Roman civilisation was just one of the most impressive demonstration, among others, that since ever, individuals and a motivated, generous society may answer the mankind longing for eternity, and, doing so, they build foundations, buildings, works, architectures, culture, thought, artpieces, lifestyles etc. that last centuries, millennia and offers a base to other ones to add new stairs ....

Mike Severoff
05-16-2010, 01:46 AM
AT-TA, please, tell something about me.
So it is interesting to me :)

Alexandra
05-16-2010, 01:54 AM
hee hee hee hee:D

Armoured
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Ottimo! Tecnica interessante

Caesar
05-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Grazie tante, Marco!
Devo dire che disegnando, un'attivitą che mi ha appassionato da sempre, non ho bisogno di tecniche e procedure troppo sofisticate per un onesto risultato. Come pittore invece ho iniziato abbastanza tardi e fatto relativamente poco ...