PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck!

RegnR8
05-12-2010, 06:58 AM
I was sketching and messing around with an idea when this sort of started to happen. Now, I'm stuck!I can't think of anything to put in the "lava" looking midground. I was thinking about some sort of machinery platform, with some space ships and stuff on it, but I'm not sure. I also am stuck on the foreground in front of the main mechanical figure. I was thinking about some people running or something to add some scale but that seems kind of lame. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

wenkat
05-12-2010, 07:17 AM
I like the concept and also the composition as it is! Go ahead while your inner mind takes over and do the rest! Longing to see the finished stuff soon!:)

Mike Severoff
05-15-2010, 12:27 AM
-You can replace skateboarders with bugs, transformers, etc.
-In the foreground - people in survival suits (?) kiss (through a helmet - so more funny)

RegnR8
05-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Ha ha. Thanks, although that isn't quite what I had in mind!

Mike Severoff
05-15-2010, 11:40 PM
although that isn't quite what I had in mind!

-Do not judge me strictly - I do not know a course of your thoughts :)
I have accepted your picture for an initial position.
This BACKGROUND will be justified by any action in the foreground. IMHO.
Forgive me that I have spoilt your picture..

RegnR8
05-16-2010, 01:39 AM
No. It's all good. I found it quite funny and in good spirits! I think all pictures would improve if skateboarders where in them!

Mike Severoff
05-16-2010, 06:36 AM
I am glad that have a little improved your mood :D

rozalek
05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
i like it very much:) your drawing transfers me into the outer space:)
maybe in the middle you could put two giant robots trying to destroy the strane device on the right and in the bottom right maybe some flames which will correspond with the orange sky?
r

ivce
09-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Just add a couple of jedi and it's all done!:-D

Lee
09-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Dear Regan, this is already quite a terrific painting, very good, i liked Mike's idea but maybe they could be surfing, or jet skiing,,making lava roostertails :D, if the streets are like lava, sort of Venice like, then the inhabitants would have to navigate the lava rivers every day, am sure you are off to a good start!!!:)

plastic
10-14-2010, 01:42 AM
I think the problem is the solid white foreground, and the lack of depth to the horizon.
Some fog or vignette effect would help to accentuate the distance.
Composition is quite good, although I'd like it to be shifted up a bit.
It's fine without humans.