PDA

View Full Version : lady lotka with her cat

rozalek
04-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Today i wrote a stupid poem about lady lotka and her cat which bit her on the finger. here is the first picture. what shoes should she wear? what cool toys should the cat have? have you got any ideas? please help. i would like the picture to be abstract and funny:) thank you for any help:) now i have to go to work and will try to finish this picture in the evening

wenkat
04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
First and foremost, I suggest an antiseptic dressing for the lady Lotka; the rest would be taken care of by itself!:)

rozalek
04-30-2010, 08:57 AM
thank you wenkat:) now im sure there should be at least the first aid kit somewhere on the shelf and later in the next picture when the lady gets bitten she will have it near her. her clothes are 100 % indian silk:)))

rozalek
04-30-2010, 11:13 PM
that's what i have since yesterday when i turned off the computer by mistake and lost all the progress i have done. buuu.

rozalek
05-17-2010, 11:16 PM
i've changed the concept a little bit and drew another picture durring the weekend. do you have any suggestions about the cat? should i keep the previous outline of it somehow to show the movement or just erase it?

rozalek
05-18-2010, 12:23 AM
a little bit more

rozalek
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
the story continues:))) and i cant stop drawing.

rozalek
05-20-2010, 01:41 AM
the fish is fine

rindolphus
05-20-2010, 06:40 AM
I'm loving the abstract quality of your drawings. And the use of color is very nice too! Can't go wrong with a lot of purple! Great progression!

rozalek
05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
thank you very much rindolphus:) my problem is using too many colours in the same picture. this time i decided to stay with purple and shadows. i draw more of the cat story as my friend really loves this character.

rozalek
05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
not finished yet but im working on it:))

rozalek
05-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Dear Henry
You dont even know how much happiness you gave to me writing that you like my work:))) Im really motivated to work!
i would like to publish something but i never graduated from any art school and i dont know if in the publishing agencies in poland want someone like that to work for them. this is my dream to illustrate books for children. i know that i understand their sense of humour casue i work with them and often i draw something for them and my drawings make them laugh ( this is my mission apparently). im trying to organise a portfolio to send to some agencies but still have no faith in myself and strengh to do that. i dont even know if its the way to let them know that i would like to work for them.
for a year now im working on illustrations to a book on english for young learners but no idea what ill do with it. 60 pages already and no promise for anything. maybe i draw it only for myself. at least i practise drawing when im doing that.
thank you once again for your support.
ewa

rozalek
05-21-2010, 11:57 PM
im not sure about lotka's head there. should it be there in the picture?

Rowena
05-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Your illustrations are very charming :)
I say forget the faith part of things and be like NIKE and - 'just do it'
...then let the opportunities come to you.

All best wishes in your success,
Rowena.

rozalek
05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
thank you Rowena:))) right now im like coca cola- "on the bright side of life" but i wish i was nike:) have a nice sunday!:)

Rowena
05-24-2010, 01:03 AM
LOL, yes it is Sunday and is fine thank you :D

...and BTW, what I meant by my first comment is: you have the talent, you have the desire - and that is most important... the rest is up to the future which I believe you can motivate with your talent and desire.

All the best wishes, I am sure you will get what you want in the end :D

rozalek
05-27-2010, 07:49 AM
here is a new one born yesteday:) not finished

rozalek
05-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Thank you Rowena:) such words are really helpful! you are very kind.

Lima
05-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Rozalek your work is simply fantastic. Your drawing has charisma and certainly a novelty. We realize and understand the story you're telling just seeing the images. This, in my opinion is difficult to get. Congratulations, an excellent work.:eek:

rindolphus
05-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Such attention to detail. This is amazing! Keep them coming.

pai
05-27-2010, 11:42 PM
haha..so cute the story and the drawings too. delightful. :)

rozalek
05-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Thank you Lima:) the story goes almost competely from the end to the beginning. and right now i have the feeling that the main character is the fish:) thats how it is when you draw first and later think of the plot:) maybe there will be something after the picture with the fish in the cats stomach... well im am afraid what it would be though...;)
Rindolphus thank you very much:) here there are not so many details, normally i put even bigger attention to it. i was even thinking that there are not many of them.
Pai thank you and im happy you like the story. im inspired a little bit by the asian children art and their cute characters:)

Caesar
05-28-2010, 09:19 PM
A wonderful saga which would be much appreciated by many kids and adults, I'm sure. The style is very interesting and likeable too and reminds me of some Eastern Europe cartoon I used to see as a kid in the 60ies (Gustav, a Czech character?:rolleyes::confused:).... :)

rozalek
05-29-2010, 10:49 PM
Caesar thank you very much. im happy you appreciate my work. i didnt even know that i might be inspired by the cartoons from this region of europe:) i was hoping i might get away from it:) in fact im trying not to get inspired by anything that is why i dont look at the other illustratiors work. but you can run but you can not hide apparently:))i try to draw the way i like:)only lately i went to the bookshop to see what is going on in polish children books. most of them are really with no design and with bad colours but some of them were really beautiful- especially some new publishing houses take care of the design and colours. anyway i still do my job;)

rozalek
05-29-2010, 10:51 PM
the mother with the baby appeared in the horizon...

rozalek
06-04-2010, 11:47 PM
here is a dog riding a scooter. i will try to rescale it and put it somewhere in the background. first have to learn how to do it:)

rozalek
06-17-2010, 09:44 PM
just another drawing :)

Panaslonix
06-18-2010, 02:18 AM
These are very funny illustrations!!! :) Very good job!!!
Prikol'no :D

Docsmith626
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Your style would work very well in children's books, and you are obviously a storyteller. Give it a try. ;)

rozalek
06-19-2010, 06:18 AM
hi Panaslonix:) are you Bulgarian?:) im happy you like the illustrations:)
Doc thank you for your support:)) it means a lot for me!

Lima
06-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Rozalek, fantastic.:eek:

Panaslonix
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
hi Panaslonix:) are you Bulgarian?:) im happy you like the illustrations:)
Doc thank you for your support:)) it means a lot for me!Hi Rozalek!! I'm not Bulgarian, but you think right way ->I am at homeland of Elephants, further to N.E. direction (according to google maps)! :D

Your illustrations are amazing, especially I like your works - "Flying Elephant" and "Free Time in the forest".

This is it for children, isn't it?

rozalek
06-22-2010, 11:54 PM
thank you orienalima:) im happy that you are visiting my posts:))))
panaslonix i know already: you are russian:))) yes my illustrations are for children. unfortunately not many of them have seen my work:( i dont publish them anywhere apart from here and facebook. thank you for your wonderful and friendly comments:)))

Caesar
06-23-2010, 02:28 AM
I confirm You're very much endowed for such a job, dear mate.
As for taking something You painted in AR on another AR painting, You just export it as a layer (or a transparent .png); You import that on laye of the new painting and there You can use the "transform" function to scale, move and rotate it as You wish.
Best wishes!

Panaslonix
06-23-2010, 04:46 AM
panaslonix i know already: you are russian:)))
:D:D:D

yes my illustrations are for children. unfortunately not many of them have seen my work:( i dont publish them anywhere apart from here and facebook. thank you for your wonderful and friendly comments:)))
I think this is not good. IMHO, but you have to publish these works as kiddy (not sure right word) book(s) + (maybe) some poems or fairy tales in it. Books for kids with good pictures are always (how to say) strongly required and rare, especially with such funny, friendly and non-aggressive motifs. Do you require some help?
P.S. such a good mouse is last ;)

rozalek
06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
thank you very much for your help Caesar. i will try it for sure:)) sometimes i need to work on some details and i cant and your tip will be the solution:)
Panaslonix priviet! you are just too kind:) i would need some contact in a publishing agency and i dont know have any.thank you very much for your care.and how about you? are you publishing your work? im happy that you like my mouse:)

rozalek
06-25-2010, 08:00 AM
i feel a little bit sad today so here is the result but im still working on it ;)

rozalek
06-25-2010, 10:49 PM
just another step

eighty+
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi Roz Charles is sorry we'ar late on the scene but said had to sort the Queen out 1st and that Italien painter chap , had a look its good to see your huomer is showing throu in your drawing's e wonder's if its possible to weave into your story about how A,R is a good drawing program for kids
keep em laughing roz regards E+ O and Charles E/S===== exscue spelling to old to bother :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Panaslonix
06-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Panaslonix priviet! you are just too kind:) i would need some contact in a publishing agency and i dont know have any.thank you very much for your care.
Privet Rozalek! Sorry for delay in reply, there is too hot in our northern area. :D And, unfortunately, for some reason we have no snow and +35 here (I don't know why? :eek:) Is it Egypt??? :eek: Where is sea? :eek:

If you wish I could try to dig (check) for some contacts of agencies in Rus (it is take some time).
I think it is anyway necessary to find as well some writer (author) of kids poems or stories to have a complete book(s) in the end.

But please trust me that your works are just fully mature (IMHO) for such kind of books. I used to work with children in after-school center and now my business is connected with kids toys.

and how about you? are you publishing your work? No, I am just starting digital art and have only a few works. :)

rozalek
10-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Hello after a long time im ready again to draw:) i send greetings to all of the extramely friendly artragers!! just yesterday i started this one after seeing some of my friend's autumn pictures:)

eighty+
10-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi Roz she got Autumn colours alright not that we've had a summer seemed to have missed us---:D:D:D:D:D:D:D---E/S

rozalek
10-06-2010, 02:51 AM
squirrel again

rozalek
10-06-2010, 12:03 PM
what do you think? should i remove the bacground? should it be plain? thank you for any help:))

Lima
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Rozalek, as always your work is very fun, playful and very innovative. :eek:Beautiful.

justjean
10-06-2010, 02:03 PM
what an enjoyable post, this is my first visit and I will be back, your stories and characters are wonderful :)

rozalek
10-07-2010, 12:10 AM
thank you Orianelima:) i used metalic pastels and black background but because of this i still think its too dark- the background im still not sure about.
Justjean:) im happy you visited my thread, you are warmly welcome to come back, im happy you like my characters:)) greetings! i like your flowers a lot and the paintings with bubbles:)

screenpainter
10-07-2010, 01:23 AM
I am sorry to not have seen this thread before. It is wonderful!!!
You should be an illustrator. These are fantastic. I agree should be a book! very talented and a great style!!!

rozalek
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Thank you very much gzairborne:) hope to continue this thread:) i wish i was a professional illustrator... but there is a light in the tunnel :) so maybe my dream will come true finally. Have a nice day.

Alexandra
10-08-2010, 03:46 AM
I love your work! Please keep going.:)

rozalek
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
thank you Alexandra:) how is your work with illustrations? still enjoying it?

rozalek
10-14-2010, 01:06 AM
here is my new exercise with the moods of the toys

Panaslonix
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Roza, your characters look very nice!!!!:)

There are real toys' illustrations! You did very well as usually! :)

Keep going on!! :):):)

rozalek
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
thank you Olga:)) they are nothing like your toys!!! mine are fake.
here is a bear. im really sleepy lately.
I hope you like it:)
cheers!
r

Panaslonix
10-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Roza you are not right !!! :mad: !!! Your toys are not fake!!! :mad:

Oh no, I can not look at your bear now - there is a whole working day! ;)

I will look him just before midnight! :)

By the way, how did you do green background - wallpapers?

Caesar
10-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Your comics style is original and excellent as quality!

rozalek
10-26-2010, 10:10 PM
thank you Olga and Caesar:))
The wallpaper is made with crayons and pastels on different layers and in between i put the airbrush whirls.
I drew a new picture- the hedgehog is pretty naive here...

Panaslonix
10-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Dear Roza,

You definitely have big talent not only in drawing (especially for kids) but in developed sense of humour! :D

Perfect done!!!

Caesar
10-27-2010, 01:41 AM
I confirm Your illustrative style and wit are absolutely gorgeous and all kids would certainly love a book illustrated by You with such cute and sweet characters!

rozalek
10-29-2010, 08:32 AM
thank you very very much! thank you Olga Caesar and Henry:))) thank you for your support. it means a lot to me- in fact thank you support from artrage as well i got my frist illustrations to be done today!!!!!!!:))) they are for a school book for younger learners :) i hope i will satisfy the customer needs:) i will try to consult the drawings with you guys:)

Lima
10-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Cool, really nice work.:eek:

rozalek
01-20-2011, 02:17 AM
finally after 2 months of waiting i have the internet in the new place i live in. this is the sad reality in poland that sometimes noone cares about their clients...
i have been drawing a lot in the meantime though. i keep putting it in my lady lotka section as a simple continuation of my children illustrations thread.
greetings to all of you!

rozalek
01-20-2011, 02:21 AM
on how to make an apple juice

rozalek
01-20-2011, 02:23 AM
this is a drawing of me and my friend:) i guess that is how we would look like together if we were friends in the childchood:)

screenpainter
02-06-2011, 02:12 AM
just excellent! you will surely be an illustrator. and your work will be highly prized. Is the hedgehog naive because he thinks he might get ride?
that is my favorite pic of all. outstanding.