PDA

View Full Version : Some images from my sketchbook ...

Caesar
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I took the opportunity from a recent Al's kind comment about looking to my sketchbook, to post these speedies I made on a smaller scale (and on the same sheet, to confront the effect of different tools selected according to the image rendering I was figuring out). They're AR made and relevant to last summer holidays.

I would also take the opportunity to present You another Italian painter of great talent (in my opinion) of the second half of the XIX century, generally unknown: Giacomo Favretto, from Venice.
He wonderfully mixes the stunning tradition of Venitian painters and colors with the impressionistic techniques in a quite enjoyable way.
An exhibition is going on in Rome in this period.

If You like, have a look herebelow (several great paintings pages):
http://www.google.com/images?hl=it&q=giacomo+favretto&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=k0LZS_DpA4r0_AbiuLXFDw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQsAQwAA

EB
04-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Well done Caesar.

I personally need to develop my sketches more so they aid in constructing the finished work rather than being just a scratch line marking a boarder for a transition. Your good drawings reminded me of that.

Earle

javier
04-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Su trabajo es excelente Cesar, :):):) P.D. Por favor contesteme en ingles, no tengo traductor de italiano, lo siento, un saludo.:):):)

Caesar
04-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Right, dear EB, I usually make the same mistake going directly to the painting after a rough outline without any preliminary planning, colors and tones study and palette definition. Lack of discipline (and patience) on my side. That's why I'm rarely quite satisfied of my outcomes.;):)
Thank You!

Dear Javier, since You didn't write in English I thought You did not know or understand it well enough so, since Italian and Spanish are both Latin's "dialects" and I was able to pick-up clearly enough the meaning of Your sentences, I thought You could read Italian as well.
Anyway I'll write in English to You too then (or in French or German in case they're better for You) and I hope You may do the same , so I'll be able to understand You better too.
By the way, on-line translators dealing with English, Spanish and Italian, are available in case You wish me to suggest You some one, but You would still need some forward and backward translation check to be sure that You translated a sentence correctly. Another rule of thumb for good translations would be to use simple sentences constructions.
Finally (and above all) thank You very much for Your appreciation, my friend! :)

Alexandra
04-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Great work Cesare.:):):):):)

wenkat
04-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Splendid! whatever approach you choose, the result is the one that matters and you've achieved in style!:)

Caesar
04-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Thank You very much, dear Alexandra and Wenkat!

alkratzer
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Caesar, Thanks for sharing these -- they are great! I love seeing how people do their work. Your sketches are a lesson to me that I should take some time and draw more too.

Valerie
05-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Dear Caesar I think they are fantastic drawings as always. You are very talented.
Val

coops
05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for sharing your sketchbook with us Cesare, its great to see how things start off.:)

Caesar
05-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Dear Al, I should do it too much more. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Val. That was my passion since ever, more and beforei decided to paint.

Just like the Big Bang or the "fiat lux" (be the light, more or less), dear Katie?:D Thank You!

mannafig
05-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Fabulous work Cesare I hope you share some more from your sketch book:):)

Caesar
05-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Why not, dear Amanda? Provided they're good enough and not boring sketching/ copying excercises for the audience ... Thank you!