PDA

View Full Version : Mess

Gray
04-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Well, I've been killing myself for the last 16 weeks or so... It feels longer than that. I've developed 2 websites, finished 18 credit hours, made the dean's list, made some new friends, prevented catastrophes at work and now I need to loosen up. So I started with my art style. C&C welcome. Sorry I've been away from the forums for so long, they are such a great place to wind down after stressing out.

It's amazing the things the human mind recognizes as a face. I mean I broke 90% of the rules. The color is wrong the lines are not straight, etc... 100% ink tool. So much fun. I love that thing.

coops
04-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Wow Gray, looking into those eyes and the colour you have painting the head, it has such depth although a little sad. Well done:)

AT-TA
04-29-2010, 07:07 AM
Very nice play, gray... it has blood even though blue... and that's important...;)

ARTGEEK
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Gray glad to see you back! This is awesome you came back with a bang!!!! Congratulations on the deans list!! Looking forward to seeing more paintings from you.

ScottF
04-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Good to see you back, and with a great piece! Congratulations and commiserations on all your hectic schedule.

Lima
04-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Gray cool that you came back here in the forums. Your painting is very beautiful ... eyes, especially, are perceptive and acute.

Alexandra
04-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Great work! I love your choice of colors and her expression. Congratulations also in your accomplishments in school and your social life as well!:):):)

alkratzer
04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
What's wrong with the color? Looks good to me! Al

Juz
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Great Job Gray, glad to see you back here.... I see huge development in every new piece you post :):)
Congratulations on making the Dean's list (clever you) :cool::cool:

EB
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Interesting results

Gray
04-30-2010, 04:10 PM
My goodness, what a warm welcome! I don't deserve you guys. I'm trying to remember why I stopped now... silly me.

@Coops: Thanks! I've been working on trying to make tone and... what's that technical artsy word you all use around here... value! Make tone and value work for me. I'm far from where I want to be, but thanks for noticing!

@AT-TA haha, thanks! Blood. Didn't even cross my mind as I was doodling this, but it's a perfect word.

@ARTGEEK: hey, thanks! I hope I have time to produce more paintings... to my horror, I've developed an alarming workaholic tendency over the last... 3 months or so.

@ScottF: Great juxtaposition of vocabulary there. I love English despite it's haphazard origins. Thanks for viewing!

@orianelima: Heh, eyes are fiddly things for me, I got lucky here. =D Thanks much for the welcome!

@alkratzer: Hey thanks! I was doing everything blue that day, website work, doodles on my paper to jumpstart my brain between coding projects, it seemed odd on a "human" face, but I just kept going for the fun of it. Thanks for viewing!

@Juz: Howdy! thanks. I've been doodling in my spare time more than perhaps ever before in my life to keep myself sane, so perhaps that's what you're seeing... I hope it's actually positive development! haha, man you guys are the best (or worst, if you are trying to stay humble) thing for my ego ever.

@EB: Thanks for sayin & viewing!