PDA

View Full Version : Old School Neon Sign Illustration

L Skylar Brown
04-27-2010, 04:52 AM
This is my logo done up as I would have presented it to a client. This is illustration with airbrush. Way back, I used to work for a large sign co in L.A., where I was employed in the art dept to produce prototype illustrations of customer signs that would be fabricated based on those illustrations. I won a few awards for industry designs back then. FYI- "Neon" is the generic term for lit-tube signage, but it refers specifically to the gas, neon, which glows red. The most used gas is Argon, which glows white, and is the gas in other color tubing, also. (The glass is actually tinted to produce various shades & colors.)

Alexandra
04-28-2010, 02:41 PM
I love this kind of art, really cool Skylar!

MaryLou
04-28-2010, 02:44 PM
This looks really neat!

johnmartin
10-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Brilliant !! Indeed, you did a great job. I always love such kind of art. you made good sign..liked it.

gxhpainter2
10-08-2011, 03:14 AM
Skylar... great sign.. it would definitely make me stop and shop for some great deals on Skylar Art...;);):D:D

jibes
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Great effect skylar.

L Skylar Brown
10-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Jibes - Thanks! Boy you must've been perusing the older posts. I did this way back!
Sandy, MaryLou, John, GXH - Thank you all for the comments! I obviously didn't get to responses with this the first go-round.

cartuneman
10-08-2011, 07:21 PM
cool...from one old wall dog to another, nice work! I too worked for a sign company in LA at one time. Don't know if you ever remember a sign company named Truxsign? it was in east La in the city of commerce. Thats where I chewed on a few paint brushes haha Great job sir! man those were the days......

kenmo
10-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Excellent results...