PDA

View Full Version : Breaker, breaker....

Juz
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Quick marker sketch, dressed up with custom made stickers and stencils

Couldn't decide whether I liked the dark version or the light version better so i'm posting both and hopefully you guys and gals can help me make up my mind. :)

Dany51
04-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Juz,
What a pleasant surprise, I like both variants, I always (almost) like images where the contrast is respected, in both of your paintings you have a
good contrast between colors, excellent design,
depending on where You use it they are both good;
I also like your clever signature,
it reminds me the Chinese paintings signature done with a seal , nice:):):)

D Akey
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm all for the darker background one. Overall it reads better in my opinion because the truck reads better. However, I can certainly see cases when you would use the lighter one.

All a matter of context. But side by side, I think the darker one shows off that really cool graphic stuff to better effect.

If you really want to experiment, you may want to do a night time one with headlights on.

Anyway, it's really effective and feels well suited for a graphic novel. :):):):):)

Caesar
04-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I absolutely love this tonal, graphical marvel and I'd give a preference to the first version.

mannafig
04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Really nice design:):)

EMOC
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
hi juz...

i like the light version for me the better version :)

EMOC...

alkratzer
04-19-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm liking the light one a bit better, but both are effective. Nice style!

Peter Pinckney
04-19-2010, 10:47 PM
The darker one definitely does the business for me!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :)

coops
04-20-2010, 12:22 AM
I prefer the first version as it stands out more clearly but both are really excellent:)

AT-TA
04-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I too am for the fist version..it is easier to read...;)

Lima
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice Juz. I like the second one.:)

Mairzie Dotes
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Juz,
Both paintings are quite striking and the detailing is impressive, lending
a powerful presence to this mighty machine. If I were to purchase a
ticket to parts unknown I might decide to board the darker means of
transport ... only because it may offer a bit more intrigue during an
otherwise uneventful journey or possibly because I love watching those
vintage, black and white Humphrey Bogart movies where dark, smokey
trains were featured in some of the who done it scenes. Very well
painted! :)

Juz
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks all for your great feedback... looks like the darks have it :):)

@Dany51, thanks Dany for you comments and you've inspired me to perhaps look into making my signature like a stamp for chinese pottery :):)

@D.Akey, thank you kind sir for gracing my work with your wonderful insight and suggestions for further development. I shall try to make time to take up the challange this w'end :):)

@Caesar, thank you dear friend, you are most kind :):)

@Mannifig, EMOC, Al, Peter, Coops, AT-TA and Oriane thanks so much for your thoughts, kind comments and input :):)

@Mairzie, thank you so much, i love your insights and also those golden years of hollywood movies... i'll bring the popcorn :D:)

Alexandra
04-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Excellent Juz! I love them both.:):):):):):):)

Dany51
04-21-2010, 12:08 AM
@Dany51, thanks Dany for you comments and you've inspired me to perhaps look into making my signature like a stamp for Chinese pottery :):)
You are welcome ! I almost get the idea to do the same thing but perhaps it would be less funny :cool::)

barnburner
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I like em both! I spent 34 years as a supervisor in the trucking industry, so it's a subject I'm quite familiar with, and you did a fine job!
Well done!

EB
04-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Real Nice Images

Lee
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Dear Juz, Hello again!!! was checking up on Mr. D A as i seem to be missing him,,, hope you don't mind, but am glad i saw this graphic painting, very exciting,, think i saw a story about such things they have in Australia, the Truck/Trains? that go long long distances? it is a terrific drawing and i like the darker background better, more dynamic and sort of a dusty-road color,,, terrific job!!!:)

Evart
06-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Awesome job Juz!