PDA

View Full Version : Textile Design

Alexandra
04-16-2010, 11:13 PM
For anyone who likes to draw and paint a textile design.:)

Any design, color, any style.:cool:

artragist
04-17-2010, 02:59 AM
I like the idea of doing a textile design, and yours is fabulous! I love the bright colors and your use of the glob pen tool. It is one of my favorites because it can give the feeling of a batik. Well done! I will have to work on one so I can join in. :D

justjean
04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
You have made a lovely flower design :)

now how about some tapestry for that old chair in the basement :D

some stickers, metallics, felt pen and chaos blender

Alexandra
04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Artragist, I look forward to it. You know, combining the airbrush with the gloop-can give some interesting effects as well. Thanks so much.:)

Jean, I love tapestry! Looks great with such richness! I have some pieces that have been given to me, and I can't bring myself to cut them to make something. I just get them out to look at from time to time!:o

coops
04-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Done this one very quickly as I have been in the garden all day lol, hope its ok Sandra:)

Alexandra
04-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Katie, Thank you so much! This is lovely!!!! IMO-This would be a beautiful for a sun dress with a gorgeous big hat with this material neatly wrapped around the top of the hat.:)

MJSparks
04-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Think this qualifies for this project here....

Juz
04-20-2010, 04:32 PM
What a fantastic idea for a project thread Sandy :):)
Wonderful contributions so far.

For those interested you can actually have your designs made up into fabric at www.spoonflower.com (http://www.spoonflower.com) (i did post this link before in Mairzies Gloop-a-rama gallery thread but thought it might be handy to have it in this thread as well)

Alexandra
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Magen, This is superb! What a wonderful wallpaper as well.:):):):):)

Juz, Thank you-I cannot wait to look into this.:) I want to check into MaryAnn's thread as well. I missed this one.:eek:

Alexandra
04-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Perhaps a design for a little girls room.

Dany51
04-21-2010, 12:31 AM
Excellent idea Alexandra, I think this thread can have
a long life with plenty of textile design ideas.
I love all this first images from you, Coops and MagenSparks.:):):):)

Alexandra
04-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Thank you Dany, I have a few more. Fun doodling-here. I hope you join in on the party.:)

artragist
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
My offering - thinking Tommy Bahama here! ;)

Alexandra
04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Artragist, I just have one word......
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!

Dany51
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Thank you Dany, I have a few more. Fun doodling-here. I hope you join in on the party.:)
Very interesting !:)
I think about it !:)
:):):):)

@ artragist , is this a part of it ? I like the color and shapes but it don't look tileable to me, still is very nice :):):):)

artragist
04-23-2010, 06:53 AM
Dani, it is probably just a piece - just trying out some effects on a photo and this looked so much like fabric to me.:rolleyes: I should try making a tileable piece, too. Thanks Alexandra for your enthusiasm!:o I also love you ladybug pattern and I think it would look great on any fabric covered surface. Could see a giant, overstuffed chair in that - FOR SURE. Very cute!

Dany51
04-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Dani, it is probably just a piece - just trying out some effects on a photo and this looked so much like fabric to me.:rolleyes: I should try making a tileable piece, too.
Yes you should, it looks like a cotton for summer time, very nice .:):):):)

Alexandra
04-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Thank you ladies!:)

Alexandra
05-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Another design and effect fix I am afraid! Love this software!:)

Alexandra
05-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Trolls and Flowers. Another flower doodle.:o:)

Alexandra
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe more of a masculine design, but I like it as well in a contemporary setting.

JOSEPHINE.EARP
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
It has been suggested I submit this one here. I hope it is good enough. Best wishes Jo x

coops
05-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I think is beautiful Jo, looks like silk, so delicate:)

Alexandra
05-15-2010, 02:48 AM
I agree Jo, and thank you very much!:)

Uh hum.....Katie...... when do we get to see another Coops Design here?:rolleyes::D

Dany51
05-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I was thinking about the textile design as I promise,
I don't know if it can be really effective and if can please to anyone
but I did yesterday few variants in two series: rectangular and square,
I used two fractals done in Apopysis , Art Rage and filters.

I will show the series of square tillable images,
perhaps you would like one or another of them,
of cause, the colors can be changed on demand .:)

Dany51
05-17-2010, 06:35 PM
This perhaps would be good for a shawl .

Dany51
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
A bit different from the precedent image.

Dany51
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
From the same initial image a derivative,
using a different filter, it looks to me very textile
and I think is tilable.:)

coops
05-17-2010, 11:35 PM
You do make me smile Sandra and in a good way I can tell you. Ok Ok here goes with my effort. Hope you like it:)

Alexandra
05-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Oh my gooooooosssshhhh Dany! :eek: These are fantastic. Rich velvet, silk scarves, so many options- such interesting pieces, and rich in detail and texture. Gorgeous!:):):):):)

Dear Katie, I am so happy that I brought a smile to you! If I had that smile I would be smiling all day!
What a creative piece! So beautiful and interesting-I could see this on many things! Outstanding!:):):):):)

I appreciate it so much ladies! I am inspired again and hope to upload another piece soon.;):D

Alexandra
06-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Here is the Yum Yum painting. I would love to see this pattern on a pair of drapes.;):)

Alexandra
07-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Having fun with watercolor and glazing. This was something I made while on the telephone. Doodling away while I talked.:o

Bobbi
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
My contribution to the textile thread

Bobbi
08-19-2010, 12:22 PM
One more for the textile thread.

Alexandra
08-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Fantastic Bobbi! I love these. Thanks so much!:):):):):)

Alexandra
09-19-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks so Magen for her suggestion as to adding this to the textiles.:)

Martha Weatherall
09-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Egyptian Design for Fabric.jpg

Jasminek
09-20-2010, 01:40 AM
Wow, every single design is so good. Love all the beautiful minds here.:D

Alexandra
09-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Thank you Jasmine. I cannot wait to see your textile design.:D

Martha, I would dearly love to see your design-it didn't upload. I will check the gallery section.:)

Martha Weatherall
09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
I clicked on the line for posting and got a box that looked like this. I am so sorry that I am having so much trouble figuring this out. I am sure I don't know how to follow the directions that David Jenner sent. sorry. I clicked on submit post, etc.. I am about to give up on this, however my design has just been posted on the Gallery. It has taken me some courage to admit that I don't know what I am doing. but obviously, I don't know! HELP!

waheednasir
09-20-2010, 07:18 PM
hello Alexandra, these are good, i really like the very first one the most..:). rest are nice as well.
there is one important thing regarding textile designing is, the designs have to be repeatable, so they dont give a cut effect when repeated. designers esp make them in such a way that when they are joined to the adjacent block they complete a shape and not get cut. this depends on the pattern, most of them are to be considered. even here, they are to be done in that way. you can even spot few examples of that in your home. think of them as repeated shapes and not as one piece painting.
i just thought to share this, you might be well aware of this already, so no issue..:).

good job.:).

Alexandra
09-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Dear Waheednasir, I am so appreciative of your input and instructions and I beyond excited to try this. Thank you so very much!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
09-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I clicked on the line for posting and got a box that looked like this. I am so sorry that I am having so much trouble figuring this out. I am sure I don't know how to follow the directions that David Jenner sent. sorry. I clicked on submit post, etc.. I am about to give up on this, however my design has just been posted on the Gallery. It has taken me some courage to admit that I don't know what I am doing. but obviously, I don't know! HELP!

Dear Martha, I am so happy to hear back from you and also that you requested assistance. I will be a happy to help too.

I wish I could remember how to make a screen shot-my daughter the computer genius is not with me right now-so I too have my limitations and need to write things down at times. I will try to leave easy instructions-and if you need to you can print this part off for guidance.
Here goes:
When you hit post reply look down to the three small boxes. There is the middle one that is labeled Attach Files.
Click Manage Attachments.
Another box will appear. You will click browse. Once you have found your painting in the area you have it on your computer you will click it. Then click upload. Once the painting is uploaded it will appear at the bottom of this box-you might have to scroll to the bottom and then hit close.
You can confirm by viewing the second little box and seeing your title and painting below the manage attachment box. Most importantly you need to click Submit Reply when you are finished uploading your work. You can upload as many of your paintings as you wish on your threads or do separate threads.
Good luck, and I am looking forward to seeing your work!
Thanks, Sandy

waheednasir
09-20-2010, 11:13 PM
Dear Alexandra, here is an image that u got from me and wanted me to share it here as well. im sure you got the point and im happy to know that its helpful in some way..:).
thanks and all the best.

Alexandra
09-21-2010, 02:43 AM
Dear Waheednasir, This is very kind and thoughtful of you, thanks so much.

Martha Weatherall
09-21-2010, 02:59 AM
This is my design for Textiles, and I think I finally got this/

Martha Weatherall
09-21-2010, 03:50 AM
This is my 'FLORAL" Design for Fabric- Just an abstract version.

Martha Weatherall
09-21-2010, 04:05 AM
This is my "Floral" Design for Fabric--An abstract. of course/

Alexandra
09-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Great to see them Martha! They are lovely. I especially like the Egyptian design.:)

Martha Weatherall
09-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Another repeated pattern idea for a textile design.

Martha Weatherall
09-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Again. i am doing different versions of triangles.

Alexandra
09-21-2010, 06:02 AM
great idea Martha!

waheednasir
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Dear Martha, i like your designs and the colors that uve used. they make a nice pattern to look at..:).
i hope you dont mind this but im posting an image showing one of your attempts (the last one posted by you above). in your designs little adjustments are needed along the edges. if you notice, your triangles on the edge are cut and when theyll be repeated, they get cut and wont make a complete triangle. ive marked them with yellow rectangle over the No. 1 image.
below that, ive adjusted that part and so it works (No. 2).
ive put two similar images next to each other, making them repeat, so the points get cleared.
it is a good idea to duplicate the design and place it next to the original one to see and check the repetition, like in the image ive posted.
ive left a gap, thin white gap, between the designs just to show that they are 2 similar images put next to each other. in the final version, there wont be that gap, theyll be repeated without that..:). and youve to make only one.

i feel little uncomfortable working using your image and posting this without your consent, but i feel and hope this would be helpful in someway. Martha i hope u find that ok. kindly take it as a friendly suggestion.

cheers and all the best.