PDA

View Full Version : The Scout

kenmo
04-13-2010, 01:41 PM
The female's head was sculpted in Sculptris, then textured in 3DCoat & rendered in Vue Studio 8. The image was then brought into ArtRage Studio Pro ver 3 where the background, clothing, spear, nose ring, hair, shoulders were painted....as well as further detailing of the head...

Cheers

Ken

alkratzer
04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Nice one! Remind me not to say anything to annoy her... Al

carlcath
04-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Wow!!! This image found it's way through 4 different programs. Any reason why you did not just draw it in AR?

I agree with Alkatratzer, I don't want to say anything that might make her angry.

Lot of detail, looks good.

kenmo
04-24-2010, 05:19 AM
Just wanted to play with 3D modeling using Sculptris and 3DCoat....:):):)

Mike Severoff
05-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Details - super!
But you have spoilt this woman :)

Where is light?
Why the left elbow (from the character) is lowered?
- Try SO to take a spear :)

It is a portrait? - That it expresses?
It is a landscape? - That on a background?
etc........

Leo Hartas
05-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Great scary portrait with lots of detail. Like comments above I wonder if working your way through 3D programs is the way to go. A good way to work may be to design the head in 3D then use that as a general reference image. I think painting over a 3D render never really works well as the painted lines don't mesh well into the computer generated perfect shapes. Also, I've played with 3D myself at lot and I think it tends to produce a weird dead shop dummy look whereas painting direct in AR gives life to your subject. Hope that helps!