View Full Version : pequeno astronauta

Lando
04-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Inspired by the movie 2001 Space Odyssey, the finish is still flawed

EB
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I liked this painting as is.

It has a movie poster feel.
More real life would kill much of the visual features in the astronaut.

Like the astronaut woulds have a dark sun shield visor down to protect his eyes from the extremely bright sun because there is no atmosphere to filter the blinding light. That would cover the face from view.

The particles in earth's atmosphere refracts light a little around corners which also allows for a graduated shadowing effect defining boarders and things like a evening twilight or a early dawn glow. In space a light only light things in it's direct path. Where the light doesn't strike it is dark. This affords crisp sharp edges defining lighted boarders. Under such conditions the astronaut would have a lighted area similar to the light of a crescent moon or planet. Again that would remove much of the detail you desired to display due to the back lighting from the sun's location in the picture..

Sometimes it is better to have a image a little surreal to enhance the visual qualities. I took the liberty to shadow your picture to show what I mean.

Taron
04-10-2010, 10:32 PM
I think it's great as it is. Very movie like with the extra lighting. I understand your point, BB, but think it would have to be perfectly accurate to do such a daring maneuver, if you know what I mean.

So, yeah, great piece of art there, Lando! ;)

Alexandra
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Beautiful!

damasocl
04-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Great...!
I always remember this scene from Kubrick's film ...
And this work is great ...

coops
04-11-2010, 01:53 AM
A fine image and shows how small man is in the scale of things. Well done:)

ScottF
04-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Finely done!

Lando
04-11-2010, 05:36 AM
EB is right really lacked scientific knowledge at the time, I had this idea one night before bed and it worked quickly, perhaps the knowledge I blocked, but welcome. Thanks! Thanks also to all the considerations and care. Ah! Thank you for defending my lawyer Taron.

Caesar
04-11-2010, 07:35 AM
I love this painting and the reference to Space Odissey!

Lima
04-11-2010, 09:44 AM
Lando, vou te dizer: gostei pra caramba!!! Interessante, aquela cruz está um espetáculo. Tambem gostei do astronauta, de ver sua feição de espanto e desassombro, diante de uma verdade totalmente categórica. Grande pequeno astronauta.

Lando, I'll say, I like a lot! Interestingly, that cross is terrific and very... I also liked the little astronaut, I like to see his expression of wonder and fearlessness in the face of a totally categorical truth. Great little astronaut.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek: