PDA

View Full Version : Fashmir's Glazing Tech

Fashmir
11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Greetings Art Ragers!

Here is a stab at explaining the technique I use to imitate glazing in ArtRage 2.2.

Below is a small version and below that is a larger version in case you need to see it more clearly.

Enjoy!

Edited to update images.

AndyRage
11-05-2006, 01:40 PM
That's a fantastic tutorial, Fashmir! Brilliant stuff.

Fashmir
11-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks Andy. :)

djmez
11-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Now *that* is a tutorial!
Is that some sort of template for the future (hint)? It seems like ArtRage could yield all sorts of surprising multi-step techniques. The translucent oil paint has been mindblowing for me lately.

hanzz
11-05-2006, 06:44 PM
gonna try that soon !
thanks, great and clear way of explaining things.

Fashmir
11-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Now *that* is a tutorial!
Is that some sort of template for the future (hint)? It seems like ArtRage could yield all sorts of surprising multi-step techniques. The translucent oil paint has been mindblowing for me lately.

Thanks djmez! I do hope to offer more as time permits. I had started a project which I alluded to in a posting a while back (my delusion was to write a book) but there were so many changes in the way certain tools worked that my techniques kept having to shift or be discarded altogether as the code changed. I think there will come a stage, when the code has matured and core functionality is more likely to remain the same, where I could persue that kind of project. For now though I'll just make mini tutorials tied to versions. ArtRage is truly a *vast* space of possibility to explore and the tools just keep getting better.

gonna try that soon !
thanks, great and clear way of explaining things.

Thanks Hanzz. I am definately open to suggestions if you have any so I can improve my format, clarity and style.

maror
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
very well done fashmir...i try but i not success until now..i should read more exactly or you could upload the ptg file... :P

thx and be well too

mror

Fashmir
11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Maror. As you have requested here is the ptg file.

ATTENTION: This is an updated link as of Dec 2008:

www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/Tutorials/Glazing_Test.ptg (http://www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/Tutorials/Glazing_Test.ptg)

Selby
11-07-2006, 11:24 PM
nice one Fashmir :D thanks for sharing with us all

Selby

PVIllustration
11-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Brilliant stuff, Fashmir. Very well put together. :)

Lee
11-08-2006, 12:47 PM
not fair !!! need a tutorial on how you did this great tutorial!! the whole package please, f.i., how did you get the artrage tools on that page, i can't imagine that you drew them and yet i suspect you did, how did you get the typeing on that page, how did you get all of that 'stuff' on one page and then post it''' aaarrrgggghhh !!!!!!!!

maror
11-08-2006, 08:24 PM
oh fashmir thx... will load it as soon as i can!

greez