PDA

View Full Version : Free Style View

Caesar
04-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Made some experiment herein after I wasn't able to get a promising start for my initial idea. The stairways perspective is wrong BTW ....

Alexandra
04-10-2010, 02:10 AM
A great feeling of history with this painting inviting the viewer to another place and time. Beautiful work Cesare.:):):):):)

MaryLou
04-10-2010, 02:46 AM
I love the color combinations. And that one window in the background calls to me.

jonwood
04-10-2010, 04:32 AM
very nice painting Caesar I especially like the sky.....

coops
04-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Thats excellent Cesare and a story could unfold in this painting. Beautiful colours:)

Caesar
04-10-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm realieved to se that some friends appreciated this attempt too notwithstanding some wrong perspective lines and the fuzzy appearance ...

Thank You dear Sandra, MaryLou, Jonwood and Katie!
Moreover a warm welcome too to ML who's new in this Forum, as far as I know at least!

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-10-2010, 06:36 AM
I realy like this one Caesar. I would not have noticed the perspective of the steps if you had not mentioned it ,I was wandering down the street looking for a place to stay the night so I could take in all the history. I love it .Best wishes Jo x

Caesar
04-10-2010, 07:41 AM
I hope You found a comfortable place to stay then, dear Jo! There's a sense of warm hospitality that seems to emanate fom ancient ruins and objects (something that doesn't cease to pop up and offer surprise here in Rome and in a number of other places in Europe and all over the Mediterranean countries. Thank You!

alkratzer
04-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Another fine painting with much to admire in it Caesar. I really like the loose and lively brushwork, and the dabs of intense purple in the tree shadows and elsewhere are like eating a fruit salad and occasionally biting into a slice of lime! They jump out and tingle your senses! Al

RobertSWade
04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Pastoral, pastel, and architectural are words not often used together. Combine those words with "dream-like" and that, in my mind, sums up this image. :)

justjean
04-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Great subdude colours in this lovely painting Caesar

EB
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I like the general theme and the feel of it.

Cover up from the third step down with ones hand and the rest does look basically correct.

Being a carpenter, I tend to build my stairs around 7 to 7.5 inches rise and 12 inches tread as a matter of comfort to walk up. (17.78 cm to 19.05 rise and a 30.48 step) One can also use the numbers to figure out how much space the foot print of the stair case will take up in a
picture.

Example :
7 steps 7 x 7 = or 7 x 7.5 = 56 to 60 inches high (About the height of a man)
7 steps 7 x 12 = 84 inches deep (About the height of a man plus 2 human feet end to end)

Caesar
04-11-2010, 12:23 AM
Dear Al, I had the same pleasant sensation adding the purple here and there (I started from the simplest sketch of just a few lines and a salad of colors here and there with a general and undefined image in my mind). Thank You!

After this comment I fill like in Vergil lyrics, dear Bob! :p Thanks!

Your positive comment makes me feel proud also of this failing painting I recovered elseways, dear JustJean. Thank You!

Dear EB, You correctly remind me that I cannot introduce credible architecture without some accurate engineering of the perspective and elements. Thank You for Your indications and Your supportive appreciation!
You can bet I won't draw wrong stairs anymore from now on ....;):p

EB
04-11-2010, 05:22 AM
I just looked at what I posted, oops.

I started to post figures for 10 steps, but then thought it would be a little much so I changed to 7 steps. I adjusted the figures to reflect the answers correctly for 7 steps, but I didn't go back and change all the 10 to a 7 so the problems would read correctly.

I just did so.

Valerie
04-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Dear Caesar what a wonderful painting as always.
Val

Caesar
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
No problem EB, next time I'll build a rig first ...:D

... and You're always outstandingly kind, dear Val!

Nika
04-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Love the palette and technique :):)

foxytocin
04-12-2010, 12:18 AM
You may not like the steps, Ceasar, but I hope you are happy with the trees! They are absolutely gorgeous....

mannafig
04-12-2010, 05:20 AM
Even with the mistakes that you pointed out it still makes for a wonderful painting dear Cesare I like it very much:):)

Caesar
04-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank You, dear Nika. It looks like that, apart from getting a sufficient the tonal range, the selected colors form a rich and harmonic palette.

Dear Foxy, I confirm I like these trees defined with few and colourful brush strokes. I'm recently striken by their colors I see all around evereyday and frustrated by the fact I can't get detailed memories or fix in paintings all their delightful tones and shapes. Thank You!

The mood is still warm and welcomes the observer in my view, dear Amanda. That was enough to post it even without being a successful outcome. Thank You!