PDA

View Full Version : Victorian

Caesar
04-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Just an imaginary sketch ... Oil. One layer.

justjean
04-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Great sketching, and the eyes and the mouth say to me that he is not to sure about something :D

MJSparks
04-09-2010, 03:50 AM
He's really interesting. To pull such a good image of a person from your head. That's not an easy task for me, so I marvel at your abilities, Sir.

He reminds me of the fellow in League of Extraordinary Gentle me. The fellow who plays Dr. Jekyll. Bravo.

Lastbrat
04-09-2010, 04:15 AM
Nice! I like the varying colors used to render the skin especially.

mannafig
04-09-2010, 04:47 AM
What an intriguing looking man to pull out from your imagination:):)
Does he represent you in any way?;):D

Caesar
04-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Dear Justjean, I notice You can read perfectly body and face language! Thank You!

Maybe it's a good excercise in view of some "steampunk" illustrated story reviving some novel of that period, like Dr. Jackill and Mr. Hyde, dear MagenSparks.There's people pulling out gentlemen from the head aas other pulling rabbits out of their hats ...:D Thank You!

Dear Lastbrat, the good news with light skin is that it quite reflective, so that, depending on the environment, provided You get the right tones and shadows mix, many color combinations may feet. Thank You.

Would it make him even more intriguing in case, dear Amanda? :D Just kidding. I don't think so, I'm getting old, but still about a century younger than this gentleman ...:p Thank You!

coops
04-09-2010, 09:10 AM
Another great painting from you Cesare. His eyes are definately looking at something, very intriguing,:)

barnburner
04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Wonderful portrait!:):)

MJSparks
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I couldn't help myself. I keep looking at the portrait and I felt the need to share. This is an image of the actor (in character) that I spoke of.

Uncanny isn't it?

Alexandra
04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Again, I would love to see you illustrate a book Cesare. What an expression and great painting.:)

shasha
04-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh...I thought it was a young Abraham Lincoln! I like the lightness of it and lovely proportions. :)

EB
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
I can mentally see this gracing a page in a book enhancing a story line.

Caesar
04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
I think ladies have a particular knack for reading and guessing entire stories from few expressions and other subtle communication means, dear Katie. I therefore like to have some sort of teasing mystery emanating from my figures whenever I can ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Barnburner, although I'm still looking for the this gentleman identity.:D

Thank You for finding a character and actor having a considerable likeness, dear MagenSparks. It's funny to notice some coincidences, since I swear I never saw that series here in Italy.:p

I know, dear Sandra, I know. I cannot promise though, unless I decide to find also someone to publish it so as to repay time and costs it would imply ...:D I'm so unconstant and eclectic on painting ideas otherwise and I'm not among the ones publishing their poetries or novels with their own money for self-celebration. ;):p Thank You anyway.

Thank You, dear Shasha! As far as I know from some image I've in mind, Abraham Lincoln was dark haired and bearded.
Anyway I'm Italian, thus it's a little unlikely I may pay a tribute to a national personality (not even to an Italian one I'd say), unless he/ she provided some sort of great or unique universal contribution or has a general and neverending fame, either positive or negative. Apart from this, Lincoln was certainly an outstanding and most valuable person.

This are quite encouraging words, dear EB, should I ever decide to go on with some sort of illustrated story. Thank You!

wenkat
04-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Though appears to be agitated a bit, he's serene in toto! cool!:)

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Great painting as usual ceasre to pull him out of your head is wonderful.Well done Best wishes Jo x

Caesar
04-10-2010, 01:56 AM
Thank You dear Wenkat and Jo for Your warm appreciation!

MJSparks
04-10-2010, 03:32 AM
It is an interesting movie that puts alot of strange literary figures like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde together for an interesting adventure.

Regardless of all that, I do enjoy your works!

MJS

Caesar
04-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Thanks again MJS!:o:)