PDA

View Full Version : Sunset from my Terrace

Caesar
04-09-2010, 12:30 AM
A quick one layer watercolor only inspired to one of my pictures ...

Alexandra
04-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Very beautiful Cesare, only a dream for most.:)

PICASO41
04-09-2010, 02:11 AM
C

Wonderful colors and i especially love the grain or roughness / texture in the brushstrokes.

Mike

justjean
04-09-2010, 02:52 AM
A beautiful scene ,love the colours in the sky

Caesar
04-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Thank You Sandra, PICASO and Justjean!

coops
04-09-2010, 09:11 AM
The sky is lovely Cesare how lucky you are. Another lovely painting:)

alkratzer
04-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Beautiful sunset Caesar, and I really like the loose and lively brushwork on this! Al

Eileen724
04-09-2010, 09:43 AM
What a beautiful sunset, Caesar and I'm so glad that you've been able to capture its beauty in this painting of yours! Sunsets can give off the most gorgeous colors and give one the feeling of awe and wonderment. Your painting reflects that in every way.

Caesar
04-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Dear Katie, I wish I could paint adequately and efficiently illustrations to show You quite a number of enchanting angles of my everydays world and trip to work, kid's school etc. sharing also the sense of delight and pleasure some views provide (without any unfair recourse to Rome's most renowned architectural marvels). Unfortunately this is hardly possible, but I'm sure all of us have some umble and simple marvel around that creation offers and may be enjoyed. Thank You!

This is why a like so much watercolors, dear Al. Fast and evocative, with great freedom of use and vision. Thanks.

Right Eileen, although I feel always a little uneasy painting sunsets, since it's such a commonly painted subject and provides an apparently easy and cheap stunning effect and feeling ... Nonetheless there are always somehow new and original ways to paint them. I hope I could provide at least a slightly personal contribution to such a quest. Thank You!

D Akey
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I like the idea of the sunset. It has an interpretive feel. Expressive. As if you were recounting the fading moment rather than picturing it like a photograph.

And you have a balcony with a view. What a home for someone so visually focused. Nice work all around, Caesar.

Caesar
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank You, dear D Akey! Sunsets are gorgeous, but it can be a quite boring, trite genre with tons of them visible all over, if there's little to communicate. You should rather transfer some emotion or add some little novelty to revive it a bit.
I'm therefore glad You found even the least merit in this painting to comment it positively.
I'm visually focused, thank You, but I also like to turn it again to some sort of more or less unfocused visual in many of my paintings, to grab moments which are all doomed to be evanescent and illusory (everything flows as in the motto herebelow).

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Caesar this is just beautiful.I envy your veiw and the way you paint watercolor.Just lovely.Best wishes Jo x

Caesar
04-10-2010, 01:58 AM
Thank You dear Jo!
The watercolors in here are not that difficult, once You learn a few settings and tricks to apply them ....

screenpainter
04-10-2010, 05:41 AM
beautiful piece somewhere between abstract and impressionism. quite like this one. great color and composition. it really works.

Caesar
04-10-2010, 07:34 AM
What an encouraging comment, dear Albert| Thank Uou very much!

Lima
04-10-2010, 09:19 AM
:eek:Beautiful.

Lando
04-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Almost an abstract, it was quite an interesting atmosphere in the colors of sunset

Caesar
04-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank You too, dear Oriane and Lando. A possible style to explore.