PDA

View Full Version : Wild Duck - a one layer quickie

Caesar
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Very quick sketching and oil coloring. I elaborated a painting from three different references I had from our holidays pictures without picking colors or tracing.
I hope You like it ....

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 11:13 PM
How beautiful Cesare!:):):):):)

mannafig
04-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Wonderful Cesare I like this one a lot:):)

EMOC
04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
hi caesar,

i reallly like this... its great.. :)

greetings
EMOC...

Caesar
04-09-2010, 06:55 AM
A marvellous animal for sure, especially the male, as usual with birds, dear Sandra! Most of them were in couples, one male and one female. I believe they are together all over their life, so a good tribute to all married people in here. Thank You!:)

Glad You like it, dear Amanda, but it's not hunting season as yet, so, pls, leave the rifle for the moment. :D Thank You!

I'm so glad You appreciate it dear EMOC, sespecially because it's so far from Your mastyerpieces style. Thank You!:)

coops
04-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Thats a wonderful painting Cesare with such gentle colours and has a great feel to it:)

Valerie
04-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Awesome Dear Caesar.
Val

EB
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Nice caesar
One day many years ago my brother and I returned happily swelling with pride from a hunting trip. We both had our full bag limit of ducks. My two year old son saw us come in with the game and with anger filled eyes he asked, "Why did you shoot Donald Duck?". I haven't hunted duck since.

Caesar
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Dear Katie, with my long lasting passion for the animal world since a was a little kid and after many readings of Konrad Lorentz books I may keep observing these wonderful creatures in their environment for hours with admiration and delight. I hope I was able to communicate that sentiment. Thank You!

The world, the nature and life are awesome, dear Val, and we are only mirrors able to frame and elaborate reflections of pieces of their neverending charm! Thank You!

Curiously I had Donald Duck in mind since the start, dear EB, but I never cited this character I liked very much. I was not the only one evidently. I'm not against hunting as an absolute principle, provided it's a need, quite unlikely in our age. Decades ago I went hunting in Africa with my uncle, but made no victim (I was both a really poor shooter, it was the only one they gave me a rifle, and too much an observer of wildlife marvel to be successful). Thank You!