PDA

View Full Version : A Peaceful Climb

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 12:11 AM
I started this yesterday morning. From my imagination, another tree. I love winding and leaning trees especially flowering trees, and asian themes. I used oil, nature stamps, pen, and a little glitter.
I hope you like it.:o

The second one I added is where I worked on toning down the black of the fence as D Akey had suggested. Any other suggestions are most welcomed. I would like to print this off for my Dad's birthday card.:)

Caesar
04-08-2010, 12:32 AM
This one really sits among Your best ever and is a really special piece, dear Sandra. It's a sort of spring symbol which seems to oscillate from a Japanese formal and elegant art canon to a western art classical and masterful oil painting. In both cases with its outstanding originality.
Congrats!

mannafig
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
I must agree with Cesare on this one as one of your best.
Sandra truly you have painted this one perfectly:):)

PICASO41
04-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Sandra

Very peaceful and serene and has a dreamlike quality about it.

I love this :)

Mike

coops
04-08-2010, 01:04 AM
I agree with all said above Sandra, this is one of your best paintings. Its beautiful:)

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Cesare, What a generous comment! I don't feel as if I deserve it, but a big thank you to you dear man, you have made my day.:)

My Dear Friend Amanda, Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kindness.:)

Mike, I am so happy that you loved my painting. Thank you so much!:)

Katie, Thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind words.:)

barnburner
04-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Sandra, this is magnificent. Well done!:):)

kenmo
04-08-2010, 02:31 AM
This is one of my favorite images I've seen here this morning.... Outstanding composition...!!!!

Victoria
04-08-2010, 02:44 AM
That is beautiful. I really like that.

ScottF
04-08-2010, 03:05 AM
Turned out very nicely, Alexandra! I, too, think this is one of your finest.

EB
04-08-2010, 03:40 AM
It is a visual delight

D Akey
04-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Lovely Alexandra. I love the idea of coming onto a tree in blossom amidst the tall grass on a hillside. It feels moist, as if there is plenty of nourishment. And the fence is so 'off duty'. Thematically and symbolically this is very contented. The storm or Winter has blown over and the hillside is tingling with life.

Two comments I would make to you as a painter is, first, you may want to not use black or dark brown or whatever you have as an underpainting in the fence. A good thing is to orchestrate your depth with values (light/dark relationships). Since the eye goes to the area of most contrast first, and in this case the least carefully painted area, it's not leading with your strength, which is the blossoms, I would guess.

Then the other paint comment is that once you get into values more 'on purpose', you will see that you can hit sections of your painting with light and saturation which will give you more impact. Right now, this painting looks like a start. And with some key additions, you could dimensionalize it and create more of the emotional impact I think you're after.

Whether on this or another painting, it might be helpful to add those considerations to your bag of tricks.

Anyway, like I said, overall the picture speaks of a lovely walk in Spring away from cares, like listening to an orchestra in an outdoor concert. A lovely place to be. :):):):):)

Weeks
04-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Whaou Alexandra... Re Whaouuu...

Just the smell is missing... (English ??:rolleyes:) Correct me !

Best,

Weeks

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Mike, Ken, Victoria, Scott, Earle, and Weeks, Thank you so much, I am flattered beyond words. I really appreciate it!:)

D Akey, Thank you. I am also flattered by your constructive crit, and the fact you think I am capable. I will work on these very suggestions as I am thrilled to have guidance and direction as I so desire to learn and improve.
Also your comment as to the overall painting is quite lovely as well. Again, many thanks for your time and thoughts my dear friend.:)

EMOC
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
hi alexandra,

i like it and i like the colours :)

greetings
EMOC...

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-08-2010, 10:10 AM
What a great painting of spring. I think this is fantastic.I love the cherry blossom tree.I have one in my garden and it is just begining to get its flower buds .Best wishes Jo x

Valerie
04-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Like it, I love it, it is so beautiful and I want to be there under this tree.
Val

justjean
04-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Well isn't this beautiful, love the tree, the blooms, the ... well the whole painting, it has such a happy feel Alexandra :D

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 12:40 PM
EMOC, Thank you. You know, this was so difficult for me. I am drawn to bold colors, and when I use the paler shades, it is a challenge for me, usually I will throw in something some where in the painting to say hello, but this one was different for me because I couldn't.:o

Jo, I envy you there! I had one once, but let's just say the neighbors dog did the poor tree in. Regretfully I never replaced it. There are so many blooming right now in my area it looks magical. Thank you for your kind comment, I really appreciate it.:)

Valerie, Thank you so much. I agree with you, wouldn't it be lovely to climb up on the rock and sit and relax a while, then walk this path so far away in a land so beautiful?:)

Jean, Your comment makes me happy. Thank you very much!:)

alkratzer
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Saw a lot of these trees in bloom this weekend down south, you've done a nice job capturing one here Sandra! Al

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Thank you Dear Al! Haven't they been beautiful? I don't think I remember a more beautiful spring than this one.:)

MJSparks
04-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Marvelous work dear. I want to go sit under there and count the petals!

Peter Pinckney
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
You go from strength to strength Sandra.................Beautiful!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :)

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Dear Magen, Thank you. I can imagine the petals falling all around the person there, oh no, I had better stop, I am thinking of a poem again.:o

Peter, I am so thrilled that it meets your approval! Many thanks and also for all of the wonderful smilies!:)

jibes
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Very nice Sandra! Great design.

Alexandra
04-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Thank you Neal, I appreciate your time and kind comment!:):):):):):)

paul_uk7
04-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Beautiful painting, I especially love the way you have, painted the tree.

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
I think this is so beautiful, you really are a fantastic artistI love it. Best Wishes Jo x

Alexandra
04-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Dearest Paul and Jo, So sorry I missed your post. Our lines were out due to weather and needed repairs. Thank you so much for your kind comments.

Juz
04-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Wonderful Sandy just so pretty, love the composition :):)

Alexandra
04-30-2010, 03:00 AM
Thank you very much Juz! I really appreciate that!:):):):):)

Bobbi
06-01-2010, 02:58 AM
I have to say Sandy, that your flowers, etc are getting better all the time.

Mairzie Dotes
06-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Alexandra,
As I stop to linger under this majestic tree, I can feel the Apple blossom
petals falling gently on my arms as soft breezes perfume the air with the
delicate fragrance of summer's beginning. Absolutely beautifully painted! :)

Alexandra
06-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Dear Bobbi, and MaryAnn, Thank you so much dear ladies!:):):):):)

SCP
06-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Sorry I missed this one,you have been busy.Lots of detail in this one Alexandra,wonderful tree,keep up the good work.;)

Alexandra
06-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Thanks Scott, so happy that you liked this one!

MaryLou
06-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Beautiful!

Alexandra
06-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Thank you Marylou!:)

javier
06-02-2010, 06:38 AM
A fantastic job Alexandra,the estrokes, touching the flowers, I just love it.:):):):):)

Alexandra
06-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Thank you Javier, I appreciate your kind comment.:)