PDA

View Full Version : An Apple

Lima
04-07-2010, 11:32 PM
I know ... I know ... is just an apple ...:)

barnburner
04-07-2010, 11:49 PM
Very well done Orian. I like it! :):)

Alexandra
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Dear Oriane,
This is not just an apple. This is a masterpiece yet again. OMGosh, I totally love this! Beeee you ti ful!!!:D

Caesar
04-08-2010, 12:36 AM
It's gorgeous. :):):) Moreover, the right part of it is undoubtedly Brazilian wearing the national colors, maybe in view of the forthcoming South African World Cup. :D

PICASO41
04-08-2010, 12:38 AM
It's a technicolor apple.

An apple only you can see in a Orianelima painting :)

Excellent colors, would make a great poster

Mike

coops
04-08-2010, 01:05 AM
And wow what an apple indeed dear Oriane, its wonderful. So many colours and so rich, its great:)

ScottF
04-08-2010, 03:11 AM
And a beautiful apple it is! :)

D Akey
04-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Not just an apple to me, Lima. More like a look at the globe through a completely different spectrum. It's as if Eve's apple in the Garden of Eden held a map of the man's life. Sort of how the Greek Fates worked:

"There was Clotho who spun the thread of life from her distaff onto her spindle, Lachesis who measured the thread of life with her rod, and Athropos who was the cutter of the thread of life and chose the manner of a person's death." -Answers.com

I could see this as one of the many apples of Eve offered to a soul coming into the body. Once bitten, the color determines their karmic path.

Or maybe it's just an apple. And a well painted one, my dear fellow. Amazing what you can do with color and a simple image. This brings to mind a California artist from the Pop era called Wayne Thiebaud. You can look him up, but unless you actually see one of his early paintings in person, it will never translate. He would have a simple, more or less expected color to his objects, but he would rim them with a line of intense color like a rainbow I guess. But with minimal paint variation, and using viscosity very effectively, he was able to create the illusion of a very rendered image. A sort of painted magic trick.

Yours is way more colorful and saturated, but it holds that magical feel. It's as if you say in a very understated way, yeah, it's an apple. And then you launch the viewer, those with a ticket to ride, into space. :):):):):)

Weeks
04-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Hi orianelima, what a wonderful apple..:)

I like the red skin sooo much.

Best,

Weeks
ps : (personaly, i would smooth a little bit the yellow/green area :) No offense)

Lima
04-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Barn, thank you.:):):)
Alexandra:):):)
Caesar,:D:D:D:cool:thank you dear friend
Scott, thank you dear friend.
Akey, Akey, thank you for your comment. It's amazing how you use the English language and all the prose that it can hold and develop a literary image that results absolutely wonderful.:)
Weeks, thank you.:)

justjean
04-08-2010, 11:27 AM
But WHAT an Apple , love the colours, strokes and texture :D

Valerie
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
What a great apple Orian, it looks great and good enough to eat.
Val

alkratzer
04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Some apples are for the mouth, but this must be the famous "Apple of my eye!" It is "just an apple" that has captured a whole rainbow inside its sweet flesh! I love both the color and the brushstrokes! I also like the wit of using the Red Delicious red and Granny Smith green as the background colors against which we view this multi-colored hybrid.

justjean
04-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Just came back for another peek at that delicious apple :D

Lando
04-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Big apple, acho que todos deveriam pintar uma maçã, "demorô!"

Lima
04-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Jean, Valerie, AL, Lando:), thank you all very much.:):):)

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-10-2010, 11:01 AM
I was going to say it is not just an appile etc. but it has already been said so I will just say FANTASTIC.Although it is not enough... Best wishes Jo x