PDA

View Full Version : Daffodils and other Things

foxytocin
04-06-2010, 03:27 AM
A bit of "photoenhancement" with ArtRage Pro........the original photo, while pretty enough, didn't quite convey the emotion I was after. The texture and tint from ArtRage gave it some depth as well as a bit more character of film that I find is often lacking in this crisp, digital image age. I like the challenge of enhancing the photo in an unobtrusive way....I don't want the end result to be so different from reality that you no longer appreciate the foundation image (if that makes sense.)
I'll include the original photo on the bottom so you can see the changes made....

P.S. Do you see the little spider?
P.S.S. The daffodils are from bulbs that I planted 25 years ago as a child.....

coops
04-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Beautiful picture Foxy, looks like springtime to me:)

Alexandra
04-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Foxy this is so sweet.:):):):):):):)

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-06-2010, 07:47 AM
This is great foxy. Now I know it is spring. Best wishes Jo x

foxytocin
04-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you very much, Ladies.......Spring certainly has sprung here in Central Indiana! Thunderstorms are predicted tonight....

Valerie
04-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Foxy this is terrific.
Val

AT-TA
04-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Beautiful daffies Val... such bright and gentle colors they have, like the spring itself. :)

D Akey
04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Very nice. I really like it. Has the feel of hand done and something special. Not sure that spider works for me. . .Yeeech. . . next to your little girl's mouth. . . flick it off for goodness sake!

Anyway, it's got a real nostalgic feel. like midwest in the 20s or 30s, probably because of looking hand colored, like I say. Nice indeed.

And to think you planted those bulbs. . . and if that is your daughter. . . I suppose it's your spider as well? Nice :):):):):):)

foxytocin
04-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Val, At-ta, D Akey......glad you liked it.
At-ta, it's a gorgeous daffodil mix and they're all over the place....mostly on the fringe of the gravel road and around the barn. They're toxic to livestock, so I had to be careful where I placed them.

D Akey: about that spider.....he gave me pause because most people would have "painted" him out of the original photo. I've been spending more than my usual amount of time on photography forums, looking at all these perfect, gorgeous pictures, and, truth be told, I can only take so much of that sort of thing, so the spider stays. Even if he is close to her mouth! Hah!

Caesar
04-07-2010, 09:58 PM
You certainly know how to turn a picture into a sort of masterpiece painting, dear Foxy. Certainly not a mere photo-enhancement!

mannafig
04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
Looks wonderful dear Foxy and I see the little spider to:):)

Lima
04-07-2010, 11:21 PM
You certainly know how to turn a picture into a sort of masterpiece painting, dear Foxy. Certainly not a mere photo-enhancement!
I agree. Wonderful.:eek:

barnburner
04-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Without a doubt, a major improvement over the original. Great job!:)

foxytocin
04-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Thank you all! I too like it better than the original and it makes me good to see that other people can recognize the value of color/filter play like this.

D Akey
04-08-2010, 12:11 PM
. . .
D Akey: about that spider.....he gave me pause because most people would have "painted" him out of the original photo. I've been spending more than my usual amount of time on photography forums, looking at all these perfect, gorgeous pictures, and, truth be told, I can only take so much of that sort of thing, so the spider stays. Even if he is close to her mouth! Hah!

Just so long as your child's tongue doesn't dart out, snatching the poor spider and reeling it in for a snack. . .you're good to go. . .

Talk about perfect pictures, I'm fed up with Stepford Wives anything, including the color beige for houses too. Nice enough color, but criminee. . . they're ALL beige. . .including mine which was a choice so I could sell it easier if need be. Pass the chocolate covered ants, will ya. . .my show's on.

:D:D:D:D:D