PDA

View Full Version : Easter Greetings

Caesar
04-02-2010, 01:48 AM
I resumed some of my past outcomes, added some new and the Shroud's face (I didn't want to sketch any personal, embellished version of it) composing them all together.
I therefore wish us all to always keep our hopes up in Your hearts and stand fearless of anything but the evil and the desperation which may tempt and enslave our souls in the darkest loneliness.

D Akey
04-02-2010, 05:06 AM
Happy Easter to you too, matey.

Interesting 'modern art' approach. I particularly like the abstract process art parts. Is that B&W crucifixion in the lower left your first painting (or one of your first) that you posted here when you arrived at the AR forums? I recall it very well.

And there's the Shroud of Turin, and an egg obviously. But what is in the upper right? What did you take that from, I mean. I would guess it's about the resurrection. But I can't quite make it out.

:):):):):)

AT-TA
04-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Caesar, the same to you!Have wonderfull easter, full of miracles and wonders. May your soul and mind be cleansed of impurities and may you get inspired to wonderfull works .

Caesar
04-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Dear D Akey, You're a keen observer as usual. This quickie was made of the pieces You noticed. I printed Turin's Shround on one of my developped background. The Resurrection vignette is a piece of my dawn in the forest and hints to the possible sudden energy emission of the moment of resurrection inside the sepulchre, when the stunning 3-D image was so mysteriously impressed on the sudarium. Some disputes are still on-going on the Shroud, but many evidences and unexplained issues are still there and what is not generally known is that in a church of Manoppello (a village in my region, less than 200 km from Rome) there's also another image of Jesus believed to be the veil Veronica used to wipe His bleeding face while going on the Golgotha. The face is stunningly alike that of the Shroud ...
The two relics have different stories though.
Thank You!

Dear Anna, I thank You very much once again for the appreciation and Your marvellous wishes.

mannafig
04-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Happy Easter dear Cesare I hope you and your family have a lovely time:):)

Alexandra
04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Happy Easter to you and your family Cesare!:)

Valerie
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
The same to you Dear Caesar. I am very interested in what you were telling D Akey, since today is Holy Thursday. Thanks
Val

Caesar
04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Thank You, dear Sandra, Amanda and Valerie. I wish You and Your family a Happy Easter too.

Dear Valerie, some new information for You about the Holy Face of Manoppello also with reference to the Turin's Shroud.

The first one was delivered by an unknown pilgrim never seen around afterwards to the physicist Giacomo Antonio Leonelli in 1506. I provide herein a picture of it as shown in the relevant little town of Manoppello church.

Geoffroi de Charny, friend and biographist of Louis the IX, king of France, was the first known owner of the Holy Shroud. Different hypotheses exist on how he got it. The relic may have been for centuries in Contantinopolis/ Bysantium (now Instanbul) and taken back from there after the IV Crusade which didn't actually fight against the Arabians to re-conquer Jerusalem, but eventually only sacked that town, the magnificent capital of what was the surviving Eastern Roman Empire (around 1200).

The Holy face was analysed and don't show to present either pigments or color tissue (except some little touches on the eyes probably given by a middle age monk to emphasize the sight). It's even perfectly coincident and visible on both face.
Since the face show signs of the torture inflicted to Jesus, it could be the veil used to dry and wipe Him going to be crucified.

Moreover I provide You herewith a confrontation of the faces of the Turin Shroud and of Manoppello's Holy Face. They seem to be practically coincident to most people (and to several kind of analyses).

So, going back to the explanation of the resurrection vignette hereabove and further, understandably to any Christian believer, we may think that if the Big Bang was the first Creation of the physical universe start by means of God's Word, the Resurrection could similarly be another and new Creation moment for mankind, the intended beneficiary of such Creation.
There too God's Word may have impressed quite tangibly the seal His glory and power on anything as well as the ineffable mercy and love of the Allmighty Father. As usual, our Lords take care of the needs of our nature, also of the concrete evidences our senses and mind requires too sharing our nature in full; why should He have otherwise come to us in a human body?

Mairzie Dotes
04-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Dear Caesar,
As always, you have so beautifully expressed the very essence of the
Easter celebration ... joyous renewal of earth and spirit. An uplifting
and reverent presentation. :)

I could not help but relate to the shroud image in this touching piece
since recently watching an updated documentary on the Shroud of Turin
and there certainly has been much controversy about the relic but new
evidence and technology seems to indicate more accurate carbon dating
and testing procedures alluding to the possible authenticity of the cloth.
The titillating intrigue and mystery of this historical icon continues.

Happy Easter dear friend! :)

Lee
04-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Dear Caesar, what a feeling it must be to live in your land this time of year, it was a tradition in our area that many churches had a Passion Play called Veronicas Veil, that seems to have fallen by the wayside, really appreciate your historic lessons and the crown of thorns stains on both pictures is remarkable, you impression of the Easter Celebration is beautiful,! Best wishes for this beautiful season and holyday!:)

L Skylar Brown
04-03-2010, 03:21 PM
The alpha and the Omega. We are born from His heart, and will return to His bosom. All things begin and end with God, The Holy Spirit.

kenmo
04-03-2010, 03:31 PM
A nice Easter image... All the best to you & yours....

Caesar
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Dear Mair, Easter says that there's much more than we know and can perceive and hope should be revived everyday resting on the truth and neverending base. As for the Shroud, it was never affirmed officially by the Church it is what it is as an iundisputable truth. So far many evidences on the tissu and mysteries about the 3-D figure and technical production way are in favour, a carbon 14 analysis against, but this latter was never couterchecked by any third party, was on a little part of the shroud which, curiously, survived two fires, the first centuries ago, when some part of the shroud tissue was repaired, more or less on the date indicated by the carbon 14 datation ... Moreover ther's that as much mysterious veil somewhere else.
Thank You and best wishes!

Dear Lee, traditions here are still present to certain extent and the Holy Friday, in particular, has so many profound celebrations, representations and processions in the different places that the list would be quite long and picturesque, with all the signs of Jesus' Passion and Death.
All of them are consistently and ideally expressed by the quite simpler, but effective Via Crucis (Way of Cross?) in the Coliseum.
But we should never stop concentrating on the Passion only, as it often happens in movies too. The core of all is in the Resurrection and the hope and trust of love winning all, including death, because the merciful Allmighty actually and concretely broke into history He Who showed to be Life and Love also sharing all of our existence.
Happy Easter.

Dear Skylar, the Alpha was sort of said twice, by the Word of God, at the creation and about 2000 years ago with a new start for mankind announced since ever. When the Omega will be pronounced, once more by God's Word, we'll see ourselves as we really are and showed to be, and I wish we all made recourse and answered to His mercyful love and opened our hearts to brothers and sisters before that moment comes.
Joyful wishes.

Thank You, dear Kenmo! To You and Your family and friends, best wishes and blessings!

Lima
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Happy Easter to you too Caesar.

Peter Pinckney
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Happy Easter to you too Caesar my friend.

Albert
04-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Happy Easter.....:).....:cool:.......;).....:rolleyes:

coops
04-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Wonderful painting filled with love and hope. :)

Caesar
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Thank You dear Oriane, Peter, Albert and Katie. I wish You all the best!

EB
04-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Happy easter Caesar

sabena
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Ciao Cesare
Nonostante la bella giornata che stanno fuori per vedere i tuoi quadri mi hanno fatto pensare che il giorno di Pasqua dovrebbe essere riflessa da tutti noi, in modo da poter migliorare il mondo e l'atteggiamento dell'uomo di oggi. Piaciuto questi tuoi dipinti:rolleyes:

Hello Caesar
Despite the beautiful day they're out to see your paintings they made me think that Easter Day should be reflected by all of us, so we can improve the world and the attitude of man today.
Liked these your paintings:rolleyes:

Juz
04-05-2010, 02:25 AM
Hope you and yours have a wonderful easter, dear friend :):)

Caesar
04-07-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm back again!

Thank You, dear EB, Sabena and Juz!

Dear Sabena, thank You also for Your effort with the Italian. I guess I could manage also to understand written Portuguese to some extent in case, my Latin cousin! I'm glad You appreciated the opportunity to reflect to then also act more in line with our deepest essence and mission.