PDA

View Full Version : Peace at Easter

coops
04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Hope you like one. Happy Easter to you all ,Love and Peace:)

D Akey
04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Ah, Ms. Coops. Beautiful. I love how the flowers seem upturned like vessels to catch raindrops. And of course the lily is the symbol of renewal and Springtime and it's about time too, eh? Been a long winter.

The greens are very earthy and rich. They speak to me of a cloudy day owing to the cooler feel, rather than sunny. While I love the sun, I think I've seen too much of it, living here in So. California. And this cool moist palette seems both accurate as to what one might see under those lighting conditions, as well as provides me with an invigorating feeling that makes me want to run about looking for color like on the proverbial Easter Egg Hunt.

Well painted indeed. I get that you love this time of year. :):):):):)

Alexandra
04-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Dear Katie, you have mastered that brush. A stunning beauty!:):):):):):):):)

wenkat
04-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Masterly! Cool color and composition!:)

Caesar
04-01-2010, 08:40 PM
There's no limit to Your mastery with flowers rendering, lighting and composing and You're always able to stun me at each new proposal.
They also seem to remind eggs, a quite allusive element for Easter. Best wishes to You too, then, dear friend!

coops
04-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Alexandra, Wenkat and Cesare, your comments are so kind and I thanks you. This one did take some time to complete and so glad you liked it:)
Dear Mr Akey again you express with words so beautiful that they also paint a picture. I envy your talent and I thank you for them:)