PDA

View Full Version : Homage to Byron Callas

alkratzer
04-01-2010, 07:00 AM
This was done flipping between a number of programs, with about 10% Art Rage, but I thought the group might get a kick out of it

Peter Pinckney
04-01-2010, 07:10 AM
HaHa..........he's gonna flip his lid!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

coops
04-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Wow AL, a jungle of colour, its great:)

D Akey
04-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Great tribute to Byron Callas!!!!!!!

I love it. Makes me want to interpret the heck out of it. Hahahaha.

Bravo to you both!!!! :):):):):):):):):):)

ScottF
04-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Al, you´ve certainly captured the "Callasian" essence. :) Great piece!

L Skylar Brown
04-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Just full of Callas-ness!

Alexandra
04-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Great fun for such a fun guy!:):):):):):)

Lima
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Wow really nice.:eek:

AT-TA
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
This is really something, love the joy entangled in the whole compositon...very good job, Al. :)

Caesar
04-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I guess it was quite hard to conceal and make amost completely disappear Your unbridled personal artistic sensitivy to produce this work, dear Al, but You fully succeeded to produce a Byroncallas' visual experience (more than just a static artpiece). His art as well as his value as a noble gentleman certainly deserved this tribute and I can hardly think to anyone else who could have performed so nicely in such a task!

alkratzer
04-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Thanks to everyone -- don't ask how it was done, I could not replicate it if I tried. I hope he sees it and likes it!

D Akey
04-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Never hurts to send him a private message with a link so even if it disappears back a few pages he can find it. He was in a couple days ago and could well have missed it. He really ought to see it.

byroncallas
04-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Hey Al, thanks for the PM directing me here. I've hardly been able to peek in for a couple of weeks at least with bunches of stuff going on so I'm happy you followed up DA's PM advice.

As everyone predicts I LOVE the painting. It's really a rich experience for me - full of exploratory avenues, contrasting lines, forms, color and texture, playful design and architectural schemes, and a full-on jumble of chaotic yet organized jumble of joyful fun. I most particularly like that it carries you into so many visual directions. It compels you to wander around in it and find seemingly hidden touches that surprise and somehow make you smile with recognition as they are suddenly revealed.

And in many ways it asks more questions than gives answers - sort of a viewpoint of life that I live in and I suppose informs my peculiar artistic sensibilities. In my view you captured that perspective spot on with both charm and visual wit.

I think maybe Peter said it best: "He's going to flip his lid." My lid is flipped. I love the homage dearly and thank you bunches for it. :):):):)

Mairzie Dotes
04-03-2010, 03:33 AM
This was done flipping between a number of programs, with about 10% Art Rage, but I thought the group might get a kick out of it

alkratzer,
If ... and ONLY if byroncallas's creatively soaked brain would begin to
jump outta his head while exiting through both ears ... allllllll at the same
time ... your EXPRESSIVE painting depicting exuberantly over configurated
EXPLOSIONS of delicious forms, textures and colors is my imaginary
perception of what the end, hors d' oeuvre d' byron might look like and ...
why am I getting hungry right now and ... anyone got a cracker? :D :D :D :)

alkratzer
04-03-2010, 03:39 AM
I could not be more happy that you like it Byron -- I was a bit concerned that you might find it too cheeky, but I mean the tribute sincerely. Your work knocks me out.

Given the complexity of working in so many layers and programs, I will now happily return to the simple use of chalk and knife and leave this style of work to the master! Al