PDA

View Full Version : Wild Honeysuckle

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 12:08 AM
A try at the honeysuckle. Oil except for knife. Smooth metal canvas.

If you see this Skylar....go easy now. You stated that it was time for me to do more detail and move on, so here I try.:o
I am out of my comfort zone and insecure about oils. The leaves are what give me more of a challenge. C&C welcome.

barnburner
03-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Sandy, that is splendidly done. Great job!:):)

EB
03-31-2010, 12:49 AM
It is pleasant to view.

Caesar
03-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Gorgeous flowers .... and what a stunning oil painting mastery, dear Sandra! Absolutely excellent!

Valerie
03-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Sandy these are outstanding, and I love the color. Wish I could be as terrific as you.:):):):):):D:D:D:D:D
Val

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Mike, Earle, Cesare, Valerie, Thank you so very much! I appreciate your kind comments!
I still am not satisfied with my leaves. I can paint just about anything with a brush, but when it comes to the digital pen and brushes I have an extremely hard time with leaves, but you all have been so very kind and generous.

MJSparks
03-31-2010, 04:43 AM
These are wonderful and pull so many memories for me. I used to live near a small wooded area as a kid, The whole area was covered in honey suckle. I would sit on this rock that was nearly nest like and watch a small creek trickle over the rocks while watch the humming birds and other critters would come for the nectar in the flowers.

I love the smell of them and your picture is so good I can nearly smell them and hear the small trickle of that tiny creek that gave me so much peace.

Thank you for sharing. They are beautiful, you should not be uncomfortable with oils, you're very talented!

coops
03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
A most beautiful painting Sandra, and to me one of your very best. The colours are wonderful as is all of the painting.:)

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 06:30 AM
Magen, What a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it. I love honeysuckles too, and your story sounds like a beautiful dream. I appreciate your comment, and everyone has been so encouraging. For some reason it is not natural to me to use oils. My aunt is a very good artist and she has been wanting me to use oils for years. I think I will keep at it in hopes that I can apply this learning experience to the canvas as well as enjoying it with the pen. Thank you so much!:):):):):):)

Katie, You are my favorite flower artist, and your comment makes my day. I am going to keep at it in hopes that I can make those gorgeous leaves that you do. They twist and turn and seem so alive. Thanks so much.:):):):):):)

MikalaKula
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
I like your flowers. I've been pen & inking then coloring in ... You've inspired me to try it your way ... real! :) Thanks. When I get some flowers done, I'll post.

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Mikala, I look forward to seeing your work. Thank you.
I was sitting here the other evening looking at some lotion I had on my desk wild honeysuckle body cream, haha, and I thought, wow, that is really pretty, I think I will try and paint it. Working in layers helps a lot , but I had so many that I had to merge and work on one layer anyway. I will keep trying, this was a challenge to me.:)

L Skylar Brown
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Well, you did a LOVELY job. I am impressed. As far as the leaves go, turn on instant dry for edges, leave clean off to fill and mix color inside. You have no excuse not to continue your expansion.

AT-TA
03-31-2010, 01:38 PM
You got the right atitude Sandy, that is the first step to success. Your flower looks good, alive and breathing comfortably..:) so i am looking for more to come...very pleasant picture. :)

Bluemoon
03-31-2010, 03:20 PM
That is beautiful!

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Skylar, Thank you so much for your time, advice, and nice comment. I have written down your instructions, and will work on this. This will be new for me.:)

AT, Thank you very much!:)

Bluemoon, Thanks sis, much appreciated!:)

RobertSWade
03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Stunning in both palette and dimensionality. Possibly the most courageous work from you so far.

Alexandra
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Thank you Dear Bob. Very much appreciated.:)

MikalaKula
04-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Alexandra - I started some flowers but need to work on them. I will take your advice and use many layers. I can see how that will help. Thanks for the help!!!

Alexandra
04-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I can't wait Mikala, and you are most welcome!:)

EMOC
04-01-2010, 09:48 AM
hi alexandra...

for me this ist your best flowers what i have seen form your... great :)

greetings...
EMOC

JOSEPHINE.EARP
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
OOOOOh this is beautiful. Alex I really love it . Well done ,Best wishes Jo x

Lima
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Wonderful Alexandra, love it.

Alexandra
04-01-2010, 03:10 PM
EMOC, Thank you so very much! I appreciate your kind words, they are so encouraging to me.:):):):):):)

Jo, I am thrilled! Thanks so much!:):):):):):)

Dr. Oriane, I am so happy that you do, thank you so much!:):):):):):)