wenkat
03-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Fabulous! Very interesting!:)

kenmo
03-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Wow...very original work...!!!

AT-TA
03-27-2010, 04:08 PM
Sandy,looks like he is running out of eden....thought provoking theme.

coops
03-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow Sandra, thats terrific and a great idea. Well done:)

Alexandra
03-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Wenkat, Ken, AT, and Katie, Thanks! This was really fun to do.

justjean
03-28-2010, 02:43 AM
Great idea and painting, but I sure hope they stay in your neck of the woods :D

mannafig
03-28-2010, 03:41 AM
Sssssssssssuper This is a lovely idea brilliantly done:):)

barnburner
03-28-2010, 04:03 AM
Absolutely great job Sandy, but, let me back up a few steps.... :):)

Alexandra
03-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Jean, Haha! Thanks. You know we have several pet king snakes. One lives in our well house and one lives in a rock rubble next to the driveway. They keep away the copperheads and the water mocs. We must always be careful though out here in the country. It is great that we don't have many mice though with three cats and the snakes.:eek:

Amanda, Many thanks my friend for your clever and kind comment!:):):)

Mike, Be careful backing up too!:eek:
You will have to go to the rabbit hole at least once while you are in AR and try this. ;):cool::)
Thanks for your nice comment, but I will be waiting to see what you come up with.:cool::D

alkratzer
03-28-2010, 04:40 AM
SNAKE!!!!! (sprinting to my car and locking myself in)

I don't like snakes, but I DO like this lyrical image Sandra! Al

silvy
03-28-2010, 04:59 AM
Great! I love it:)

justjean
03-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Jean, Haha! Thanks. You know we have several pet king snakes. One lives in our well house and one lives in a rock rubble next to the driveway. They keep away the copperheads and the water mocs. We must always be careful though out here in the country. It is great that we don't have many mice though with three cats and the snakes.:eek:

Oh thank gosh we only have bears and wolves to contend with and of course the deer :D , You are so brave to live with all those snakes :eek:

Alexandra
03-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Al, Thank you. Don't be afraid though, there are many good snakes out there that are here to prevent the plague and keep the eco in balance.:)

Silvy, So good to see you here again. Thanks so much!:)

Jean, You're so lucky! Bears and wolves. How cool is this?!:cool: (envy here) We have the deer and the coyotes, fox and racoons, and the beloved opossums.:D

JOSEPHINE.EARP
03-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Wow !!!! I dont like the idea of snakes,Full stop. And these look really scarey !!! ...... I will say no more . And very well done .Best wishes Jo x

Alexandra
03-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks Jo. This was especially fun. I got the idea from one of Peter's threads, and started thinking, hum....this would be great. So I splashed different colors with different tools of green's and duplicated the layer. I used difference and took the eraser as the tool to draw the snakes. That is where the greens come through. I combined layers and drew their faces and used the grass stamps and made another layer for the flowers.:)

paul_uk7
03-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Another beautiful painting, I really like the idea, behind this painting, it really shows a great imagination.:)

Alexandra
03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
Thank you very much Paul!:):):):):):)

Sketchism71
03-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Great painting Sandra!!! I'm so glad I don't have many snakes where I live... The occassional gardener surprises me once in a while but that is about it. Rattle snakes are here but I have (luckily) never seen one. I like how the addition of the flowers make this a playful image... almost makes me like snakes...almost!:D

Alexandra
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks so much Eddie. You know I have been very fortunate. Most that I have seen tried to avoid me. I thought I would help my husband once with the house. I lifted a board and there were two copperhead babies underneath! I quickly said a Thank You prayer and had instant respect for these small but powerful creatures. We live across from a lake also and let's just say I have to keep the grass cut short because of the water moc's or cotton mouths. That is why I keep cats and dogs out here.:eek::D

EB
03-30-2010, 03:12 AM
I think I stay in my own yard.

lolalot
03-30-2010, 05:17 AM
You found another thing to gloop! Very nice, Sandra! :D:):D

Alexandra
03-30-2010, 05:41 AM
EB, haha! Thanks. I like them but only from a distance.:eek::D

Chris, Thank you. Sadly it is an addiction. You are young, so I will stress the importance of staying away from gloop.:rolleyes::p:D

lolalot
03-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Chris, Thank you. Sadly it is an addiction. You are young, so I will stress the importance of staying away from gloop.

:D:D The PRECIOUS! The one thing to control it all! :D:D

D Akey
03-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Actually works very well, for all the odd imagery. Looks like the garden's up to its asp in temptation. . . If an asp gasps is it called aspiration? I see plenty of aspiration herein then. . . and no small amount of success. Well done, Alexandra! Keep sticking your arm down the hole like a magician reaching into his hat. Presto! :eek::):):):):)

Alexandra
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Chris, Maybe the gloop is the precious, yes.....
One gloop to rule them all, One gloop to find them,
One gloop to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!:eek::p:o
(I know, pretty bad, huh?):o:o:o

D Akey, Up to its asp?!? I beg your pardon sir! Hee hee, thanks a bunch Dear Man!:D

lolalot
03-31-2010, 02:14 PM
Chris, Maybe the gloop is the precious, yes.....
One gloop to rule them all, One gloop to find them,
One gloop to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!:eek::p:o
(I know, pretty bad, huh?):o:o:o

And something that the gloop did not expect! A talented painter. One of the few people to create what goes on in their heads. :D:D:D:D

Valerie
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Wow Sandra this is fantastic, you really are very good with the gloop.
Val

Bluemoon
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
Love all the layers. I can tell you had fun with this one. The grass is great! I've been practicing, Sandy, but I get frustrated.... Now, if I can remember how to upload my pics....

Alexandra
03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Chris, Thank you-you dear heart! What a nice comment, and I appreciate it so much.:):):):):):)

Val, Thanks so much. I think I like it so much because I have so much control with it. If you don't lift it, and just doodle, it can make such fun images.:)

Bluemoon, Sis, let's get together or either try over the phone. It is one of the best programs that I have ever used. The only negative thing is, don't use this after eight o'clock at night, you will suffer serious loss of time and sleep.:eek::D