PDA

View Full Version : Water Test

barnburner
03-27-2010, 05:45 AM
I came up with a new idea for water, and altho know it needs refinement, I "think" I'm on to something. Still,
I want to make sure, that it's not just because I want it to be that way.
What I want, are some objective opinions.
Thanks.
Mike

MJSparks
03-27-2010, 05:51 AM
I think the initial water design you have here is very well. Far better than I have been able to accomplish with water. Without anything else in the picture... It reminds me of ocean on a clear day with the colors you chose. It feels as if ocean stopped moving, though.

Will there be more additions to the painting to help the water move?

lolalot
03-27-2010, 05:59 AM
I agree with Magen, that's a really great job on the water, Mike!

I must say, though, that if you can make it look like there's a current or just making it look like it's flowing somewhere, it'll be great

barnburner
03-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Magen, Lola, This is sort of the base, and I haven't gone any further yet. I will be adding some white caps
to try and give it a feeling of current, along with more
experiments to give it more definition.
Thank you both for your input!:)

MJSparks
03-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Sounds good Barnburner. I expected that this was just a base beginning for something greater. I look forward to seeing more from this.

When you're all done, you'll have to tell us how to do this water test. :) Cause it looks great for just a base.

barnburner
03-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Sounds good Barnburner. I expected that this was just a base beginning for something greater. I look forward to seeing more from this.

When you're all done, you'll have to tell us how to do this water test. :) Cause it looks great for just a base.

I will do that. Thank you.

barnburner
03-27-2010, 09:15 AM
I threw these two together quickly, so to see what the water looked like with more than just water and sky.

MJSparks
03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
That's the stuff! :D You have a good theory going. Just the small amount of changes you've done to show the water in a more natural setting has changed the whole feel of the water.