PDA

View Full Version : The Food Depot

Alexandra
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
I used a reference from a picture out of Paint Works magazine where an artist Dottie Martz painted something similar on a metal tray.
I made it with my style and added the birds and various other things. Sorry that I didn't upload the reference. I will try to do that soon. It just takes so long on dial up. I hope to get this taken care of soon.

I used metal on smooth
Oil, glitter for the bird seed, and knife.

I hope you like it.:)

barnburner
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
You dun good girl!! Great job!:):)

L Skylar Brown
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
This is awesome. What? You ran outa Gloop?!

Valerie
03-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Alexandra I think this is Fantastic,:):):):):)
Val

justjean
03-26-2010, 02:39 PM
LOL, I was just looking at a PaintWorks mag and then came here and seen your lovely painting, great painting Alexandra :D

Alexandra
03-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Mike, Thanks so much! You are so kind to say so. I think I need to fix the roof though-monking out a bit-haha.

Skylar, Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I am trying so hard to stay away from it. It is my favorite tool.:o

Valerie, Thanks so much!

Jean, isn't that wild! The world is small after all! Thank you Jean. My sister bought this subscription for me. I have really enjoyed it. Whenever I get a spell where I can't think of something, I turn to my art magazines, and home and landscaping paintings for inspiration. I want to get out my paint brushes so bad here lately-and get back to painting my birdhouses and boxes. This year because of Artrage I am going to get back into my canvas paintings. This forum has meant so much to me.

Alan
03-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Fabulous painting Sandy! I saw the title, opened the page and immediately was hit with a good laughing xD

:)

Alexandra
03-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Thank you Alan!:D

MJSparks
03-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Good work again. I like the feeder especially. It made me think of my grandma. She loved feeding birds.

I miss my dear ol granny. :(

But beautiful work as usual!;)

jibes
03-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Sandra. Such a beautiful design!

coops
03-26-2010, 08:13 PM
What a terrific painting Sandra, those leaves are great. Its simply enchanting:)

Eileen724
03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Such a lovely and charming painting, Alexandra! I always love to see your "personal" touches. I just love those little birdies and the flowers and ivy. Wonderful.

BTW....I have a hard time believing that anyone uses dial-up anymore! That's one thing I will NEVER miss! LOL!!!! You have my sympathy, girl!!!!

Alexandra
03-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Magen, Neal, Katie, and Eileen, Thanks so much! I really appreciate your time and kind comments.:)

Yep, I am in kind of a quandary Eileen. We have had a situation-we didn't know if we were going to relocate, so I was afraid to sign any contracts. I live in a corner of the universe where there is no high speed. The funny thing about it is that the people one mile down my street have it, and all the people on my corner have internet, but have gone to hughes-satellite or something like that and magic jack. This would be the same cost as we are paying now but with highspeed, but I just cannot sign a contract at the moment because of the iffy situation we are in, and it is miserable at times with dial up. I should call and check on it-but to me that is just one more thing to cancel if we have to move. I just upgraded my server, but it is still a bit slow. I can check our paintings here and it is fast, but other forums on the internet are very slow for my system. You tube is out of the question unless it is a song, I just let it load-and it can take up to thirty minutes. I am thankful for the internet though, no matter how slow. Where can one find a bunch of fantastic people and artists such as our forum? :D
Also, the wonderful folks that have sent me songs, please don't stop, I have really enjoyed them!:)

mannafig
03-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Brilliant work dearest Sandra you really seem to be enjoying yourself:):)

Alexandra
03-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks Amanda,
I do get a lot of joy out of painting and this software. I appreciate your kind comment and time dear friend.:)