PDA

View Full Version : Bouguereau re-worked

Caesar
03-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Here it is.
I didn't have the patience to use a larger size and more than one layers for the two figures .... Therefore I apologize for the poor finishing level.
I attach also the painting I was inspired by to pay this humble tribute to the cited master.

D Akey
03-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Hahaha. Where did you find the autumn leaf, Caesar? Aren't you afraid it's going to fall?

Nice work. I like your exploration of how one might change a realistic original as a model. The poses of course are brilliant and classical. And that's a component of painting that many ignore as a possibility. Photography has skewed it somewhat away from that look. Going to the classical gives it an old look. It's cool. :):):):):)

coops
03-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I think it is so well painting Cesare. Its a wonderful touching scene:)

barnburner
03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Great job. The painting is better than the reference. :):)

AT-TA
03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Ceasare, love your soft touch with brushes...marvelleous clouds nad drawing... and rendering also... and beeing you you had to change the little cherub's face... let's say.... to make the scene more dynamic...:p

Lovely and so pleasant ... i think even Beauguereau would applaud you...thumbs up... :)

Lima
03-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Quite imaginative, well done with a tonal quality produced as a master. I really enjoyed this painting.:)

Alexandra
03-17-2010, 12:42 PM
An angel and a fairy. I just noticed the beautifully painted butterfly wings. That is so well painted Cesare, and so sweet.:)

Valerie
03-17-2010, 01:16 PM
This is awesome Dear Caesar, well done.:):):)
Val

JOSEPHINE.EARP
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Caesar what can I say just wonderful. Best wishes Jo xx

justjean
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
What are you apologizing for this is a lovely painting ( we need some clappys or thumbs up smiles here ) clap, clap, clap :D

Caesar
03-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Dear D Akey, that kind of leaf is a special reflective one which may be applied as a warning visible also at night. Should it fall it may be a risky event ...:D
I think there are still so many lessons we may get from classical art in our compositions and poses, but also in many other instances, which may be quite useful to enhance even the most modern still images. Obviously we should make an active observation and an original use of them not to get boring. Thank You!

There's some additional messages thi painting may convey, apart the traditional ones this mythological theme carries since ever, dear Katie. Thank You!

I'm not that sure, dear Barnburner, although it's very kind of You. I certainly tried to add some more meaning and a less sloppy feeling. Thank You!

I rather think Bouguereau would scream, pin my ear and force me to have academic lessons, dear AT-TA! :D Anyway, since You were a fan of this painter, I couldn't avoid to make this attempt and possibly also make You happy with this.

Dear Oriane, I must confess that I didn't even make a tonal control, but I did it later, see the result herebelow. Your compliments are therefore even more appreciated. Thank You!

Yes, it may also look like an angel and a fairy! There's however another interesting and meaningful ancient Greek mythological story behind this, dear Sandra (See that of Eros and Psyche).
There's also an idea of how eros should be always harmonically related to psyche in human brain and a message of pure and spontaneous universal love all across the world made of simple, though concrete, gestures and signs. The different skin colours, features and genres are to the extremes of human phenotypes, so as to embrace all the mankind. Thank You!

I hope I didn't scare You, dear Val! :eek::D I'm kidding. thank You very much!

I'm grateful to You, dear Jo, for Your compliments and our kind wishes I would sincerely return. Thank You!

Dear Justjean, it was not a way to show a false modesty, but I really have not enough patience to push furtherly on a neater and more elaborated outcome, as classical painting would require. :p:) Thank You very muc!

sabena
03-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Caesar

This Painting is a surprise and is excellent idea:eek: very well done:)

Caesar
03-19-2010, 01:47 AM
Thank You, dear Sabena!