PDA

View Full Version : Let Us Dance

Alexandra
03-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Another glooper with pen and watercolor.
Hope it is not too flashy.:o

jonwood
03-16-2010, 06:40 AM
thats great Alexandra..:)

AT-TA
03-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Oh, Alexandra, this is the wild night out there.... something very diferent. Like the background the most. Nice technique.... very lively picture...:)

Alexandra
03-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Jon, and AT, Thank you. AT, I think it is definitely a wild night.:eek::o:D

lolalot
03-16-2010, 07:57 AM
You don't seem to run out of ideas for the gloop pen, while I on the other hand find it hard to use!

Lovely picture! :o

Alexandra
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Now Chris, folks under the age of eighteen are not allowed to view these two.:eek::o
But it just too late because I didn't post a warning.:rolleyes::p:D

The gloop is really a cool tool. Just practice with it. It you make it small point and start drawing with it and don't lift it-it can make great effects.
For example-take your first layer-draw your picture.
Make new layer and then trace it with the gloop not lifting the pen unless it is what you want.
You can add a layer and use watercolor on top. If you are happy you can delete the drawing layer if needed.
You can duplicate the image and change the effect, opacity or whatever you desire.
When you are satisfied with the appearance, combine, duplicate enlarge-change effects-etc....until you are happy.
Try it, I bet you will be fantastic with it!

lolalot
03-16-2010, 08:17 AM
:) You needn't worry, I won't tell anyone :D

I shall try that out. Thanks for the tip! :o

justjean
03-16-2010, 08:51 AM
a night to remember for sure :D, looks great :)

Alexandra
03-16-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks Jean.:)

sabena
03-16-2010, 10:31 AM
Hi Alexandra Fantastic painting i love this:)

Peter Pinckney
03-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Oh Heck!!!

You've brought out the eternal romantic in me!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Brilliant Sandy .........although just a small critique here......HE seems to be having a "bad hair day" HehHehHeh................I don't know why I'm laughing................ I have lots of them myself!

Seriously..........I'm going to have to try the gloop experience for myself...........look out here comes a request for a tutorial!!!:):):):):)

Alexandra
03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Peter, I am happy to read that I am not the only one. I love to watch ballroom dancing when it comes to our public broadcasting stations. Those people are so beautiful and so talented to me.
As for the hair, she just got through stroking his hair trying to make it look nice, and with all the dancing around well.... I need to just stop here.:o:p:Dha ha!
I am honored, I would love to write what method I use. Maybe I can get Katie to join me and we can post together.:):):):):)

D Akey
03-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Wow!!! Had I seen this first, I would have immediately related it to the one with the flowers using a similar palette.

Awesome. What a beautiful dance!!!!!! Well done :):):):):)

MJSparks
03-17-2010, 06:31 AM
I like the repetition of the image in the background. It adds to passion that rolls from the couple dancing.

I would most certainly try a tutorial you'd hand out! You inspired me already to try something I've not been very successful at and you peaked my curiousity on the gloop and gave me dophins. :D

Thank you!

Alexandra
03-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Thanks so much D Akey. You know, it reminds me of the pop art culture, because it gives almost a wet look immediately. I think about the Rolling Stones mouth logo-same effect with the various gloop tools. It is wonderful when doing leaves-I will add that to my recent tutorial. Gives them a dewy look-oh also makes great water too.:)

Magen, Thank you! I saw immediately that you mastered that gloop! Those are fabulous dolphins and water.:)

MJSparks
03-17-2010, 07:16 AM
I wouldn't say mastered quite yet! But I'm certainly more interested in seeing what I can do with it.

There's a wip in the after 9 forum that you also inspired me to give a shot. I'd been considering it for ages, but never courageous enough try. I'm not very good at people drawing in detail. After seeing the the process and how you tackled the mountains in the sucessful home free home. i felt compelled to try it and the glooper.

I really appreciate the inspiration! Thanks again. I look forward to seeing more of your works.

Alexandra
03-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Oh no Magen, your dolphin piece was exceptional! I look forward to viewing your other creation. There is one I will be working on soon. I just need to sketch it from my pea brain.:)