PDA

View Full Version : evening

Dany51
03-14-2010, 01:21 PM
An very imaginary landscape,
I was reading yesterday the thread about brush strokes in oil,
link (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28031) and had the idea to see how many layers of textured oil brush
can ad volume to the first layer,
I am not very sure about how many but for sure after two layers
things are harder to ad any supplementary volume, unless the surface was flat there in the beginning.
Now, if somebody can tel from his experience,
what can be the visual result after printing
a image with a heavy texture on it ?
This kind of image can dramatically change if you take out the strokes volume.

Look at the difference in this two images,
but how about printing ?
What is your opinion and experience ?

Dany51
03-14-2010, 01:23 PM
The flat version of "evening".

coops
03-14-2010, 02:19 PM
They are both very beautiful Dany but I am drawn to the first one. Splendid work:)

Crimson Fury
03-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Wow. :D I love all the red.

Alexandra
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Dany, It is hard for me to make a preference. They top one with the depth is especially appealing and draws me inward-very powerful indeed. Thumbs up!:):):):):):)

Dany51
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Thank you very much Coops, Crimson and Sandra !:):):)

I see nobody can tell about the printing matter :o:confused::)

alkratzer
03-15-2010, 02:06 AM
I cannot help on the question of printing, but this is an intriguing and beautiful painting. I prefer the flat version. Al

ScottF
03-15-2010, 04:08 AM
They´re both great, Dany, but I think I prefer the second one. As to printing, check the tutorials section. There have been several threads about printing recently--maybe some are there.

By the way, I absolutely love "Tess in the Fields"! Never saw it in the Gallery comments section.

Lima
03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Dany, very nice paintings. Really amazing colors.:eek:

Rob in Denver
03-15-2010, 03:41 PM
I really like both! My experience is that printing with a home type printer, you will lose the brush marks. Do not know about Giclee.

Dany51
03-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Al, Scott, Oriane and Rob , thank you very much for your comments.:)

Scott, lately I tried to concentrate my work and I prefer to publish in the same thread if is about the same subject, like "watercolors (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25253)" or if
is about different variants as evolution of a painting or different results based on the same subject, as Tess, a portrait (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27713)
and I think that more or less the others do the same thing.:)

I don't want to take more place than needed and also is easier for me to organize the threads.

About tutorials, I have no idea where are the AR2.5 tutorials but I remember that I read about the printing subject a lot,
my question is specific and I think that is not so clear about the strokes, the number of layers, the printing matter ...

Bob, I have also the home printing experience but I am curious about how work the reproduction of the painting in volume on canvas or on simply paper and I wanted to here about concrete experience and reflection on the subject.

As long as I understand until now, in function of what you want to do with the image that you create you have to work differently,
for printing without relief or very little,
for screen or movie matter it can be with volume texture and this bring the wanted visual effect.

I also experimented another time about the subject and I am sure that this have to be considered from the beginning, the results can be very surprising if you work in volume and flatted it later , is simple still very complicated to explain but as you may have the same experience Is easier to understand what I am saying . :):):):)

AT-TA
03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
Beautiful imaginery scene, Dany.