PDA

View Full Version : Off to Church.

jibes
03-13-2010, 07:03 PM
"Off to Church" is one of those strange paintings where I had no idea in my head and just let it evolve. Not exactly the way to do things! One should have a plan.
A mom and her two spinster daughters in tow and just leaving the house. they certainly are colorfully dressed!
Anyway, here it is for what it's worth.:)

byroncallas
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Jibes - lovely, full of charm and beautiful color statements.

Plans are great, but not required. It's perfectly fine to let paintings simply unfold. Sometimes those unfoldings can beat the pants off any plan (and sometimes not). Interestingly, the unplanned can often transcend initial intentions. No rules here - but don't reject out of hand the panting that "creates itself". This painting is a fine example. I certainly like it a lot, planned or not. :):):)

Caesar
03-13-2010, 09:31 PM
This is another jewel out of Your original and personal colourful style. You can feel the light and warmth of such a sunny day!

coops
03-13-2010, 10:25 PM
Another most charming and delightful painting Jibes. These are all so lovely:)

Alexandra
03-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree, I love your style!:):):):):):)

alkratzer
03-14-2010, 02:56 AM
Nice color work here -- and I love the way the mother seems to be looking towards us as if she is aware that they are being watched. Others have said it about your work and I must echo: "Charming." Al

Valerie
03-14-2010, 03:38 AM
What a wonderful and colorful painting.
Val

barnburner
03-14-2010, 03:54 AM
Great painting.
I've found that some of my best paintings have been when the final result was nothing close to the idea I
started with. Sometimes it works, to just go where
it takes you.

jibes
03-14-2010, 03:04 PM
These are all great comments! I never thought I would get such as these with this painting. Thanks so much.